We are looking for a competent IT Support Engineer to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent IT Support Engineer must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. The goal is to create value for our staff that will help preserve the company’s reputation and culture.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will:
- Support of the organization’s desktop hardware/software environment (OSX, macOS, Windows 7,10, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, SCCM,Ubuntu Linux, Office 2010+, other applications), printers, additional infrastructure components and business applications. This includes installations, moves, adds, changes, remote user support and technical problem resolution.
- Desktop-related projects, such as software standardization, image creation and anti-virus management.
- Desktop software distribution, patch management and upgrades.
- Maintain desktop inventory and develop a replacement schedule based on established refresh cycle.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations pertaining to the continual evolution of the organization’s technologyinfrastructure.
- Develop and update documentation for supported systems.
- Participation in the department’s after hour “on call” support rotation.
- Manage security options
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
As a IT Support Engineer, you should have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in providing desktop, deskside and or remote support
- Very strong background with Mac OS and iOS platforms, as well as solid working familiarity supporting Windows 7,10 and Microsoft Office.
- A strong customer service-orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Vendor coordination and service level management experience.
- Background in remote access support.
- Understanding of best practices, with respect to security and compliance.
- Experience authoring and updating technical documentation.
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility, including effective handling of concurrent priorities.
- Practical project managementexperience, desirable.
- Experience with LAN/WANnetworks
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+, Network+) preferred, but not required
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Office Space:From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks:We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.