- Design LAN/WAN architectures, deploy enterprises networks, support network projects and manage system integration projects. Specific duties include:
- 1. Network Operation and Management. Manage Routers, switches and firewalls in existing network. Troubleshoot network issues in LAN/WAN environment; monitor network traffic of MPLS and Internet circuits; monitor network devices’ status and IT room and Optimize network.
- Manage network devices’ CPU/Memory utilization, ensure the value is less than 80% and check the network if it exceeds 80%;
- Manage Bandwidth status on MPLS and Internet circuits, report abnormal traffic to operation manager on time, upgrade the bandwidth to support users’ needs if necessary;
- Backup the configurations from production network devices in order to ensure rapid recovery in case the network devices crash;
- Update the network topology there are any changes, including adding or deleting network devices icons and updating IP address information;
- Troubleshoot network issues such as DDoS attack, Broadcast storming, and DHCP spoof attack;
- Record IT rack diagrams, IP address assignments, Network topology, System introductions, AP installation diagrams etc. to improve the efficiency of network management;
- Optimize the Network in every way possible, such as configuring QoS and routing path adjustment to take full advantage of network utilization.
- 2. Design, deploy and upgrading Networks.Design and deploy networks for new offices or data centers, install routers, switches, firewalls and servers and create connections for them. Perform configuration and test the network connectivity and performance; upgrade old network devices to latest model, enhance network performance to support business need.
- Design Network architecture for new offices or data centers including network devices connection, routing protocol selection, switching technologies, IP address planning and Wi-Fi systems;
- Install Routers, Switches and Servers on designed racks, create cable or fiber connections according to Network Topology;
- Configure MPLS CE Router, IPsec VPN Router, Core layer switches, access layer switches, AC and AP;
- Enable routing protocols, telnet, SSH, and SNMP, NTP, etc.
- Perform network connectivity tests, speed tests, wireless signal strength tests, redundancy tests and application tests and ensure all parameters meet business needs;
- Upgrade old network devices in the existing network environment such as old model Routers and switches to enhance network speed from 1G to 10G in core Network.
- 3. Network Project management.Participate in network project management from project initiate to closing; gather user’s network requirement, analyze the requirement, order network devices and deploy them, to meet project goals.
- Meet with users and dig out their network requirements, analyze and estimate the requirements;
- Design network and compose the proposal solutions, double check with users, modify and finalize the solution, and clarify the project goals;
- Identify network project tasks and develop the project critical path, and estimate project duration;
- Order project resources for supporting project execution, such as Internet or P2P circuits from ISP, order network devices, servers, cables and IT rack etc.;
- Report the project status daily or weekly to the IT project manager, share the project information with higher management and other stakeholders;
- Analyze and assemble project documents during the project excitation and record key network information, such as IP address assignment and network diagrams;
- Close the network project, provide training for users of the new network, upload project documents to file server, summarize lessons learned during the project to improve project management maturity.
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information System, Computer Engineering or a related field plus 2 years of experience. Foreign degree equivalent is acceptable. Must have experience in designing LAN/WAN architectures, deploying enterprises networks, supporting network projects and managing system integration projects.