Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you're passionate about making an impact and helping real people every day we're excited to meet you!
We are looking for an energetic IT Support Engineer to make an immediate impact and add value to a growing IT org. In this role you will help enable our employees to innovate and operate at their peak potential, and as Digit continues to grow, you will quickly become an essential member of the IT team and partner to other teams. You will improve the front-line user experience by providing on-demand user support for Digit employees, their tools and apps, and owning both short and long term projects. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to our Head of IT.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide “above and beyond” support, helping users resolve problems with IT, desktop, A/V and communication systems
- Be the subject matter expert for all IT systems used at Digit and act as the escalation point for other members of the IT Support team
- Provide an exceptional level of IT support through a high degree of flexibility and contextual understanding
- Own the IT ticketing system to ensure support coverage, help define and maintain SLAs, and monitor SL metrics
- Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations
- Assist in managing relationships with vendors and 3rd party providers
- Build and maintain trust with all stakeholders and be an advocate for the IT org
- Possess a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities while meeting demanding deadlines
- Bring outstanding and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Work effectively with other teams outside of IT
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience providing hands-on IT support with a variety of end-user devices such as Apple laptops, PCs, video conferencing and other A/V devices (e.g. Zoom, Crestron, Sonos), smartphones and tablets, printers, telephony products, etc.
- Own the inventory management and purchasing processes for the IT org
- Extensive experience with auth and SaaS apps (e.g. Okta, G Suite, Slack, Zoom, AD, Box, etc.) in heterogeneous OS environments (i.e. OS X, Windows, Linux), as well as training and supporting employees on their use
- In-depth experience developing, documenting and communicating support-focused processes in collaboration with other teams
- Experience with endpoint config management tools (i.e. JAMF, Meraki MDM)
- Experience providing outstanding IT support to senior leadership (i.e. vp-level and above)
- Basic knowledge of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, etc.) and providing support
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs of tech equipment (i.e. monitors, computers, network equipment, etc)
Nice-to-Haves (or excited to learn!):
- 1+ years in a senior IT support role leading and mentoring members of an IT team
- Exposure to LAN and Wi-Fi systems (e.g. Ubiquiti, Meraki) and experience supporting basic issues
- Entry-level experience in Ops (on-prem & cloud)
- Experience with automation and other config management tools (i.e. Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- The ability to read, understand and write shell scripts
- Experience making complex technologies look and feel simple