Description: This individual contributor is primarily responsible for providing first and second level support to resolve difficult or complex problems, performing the setup and maintenance of computer systems, and interacting with third party hardware and/or software vendors.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Assists with efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Provides second level support to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (e.g., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly).
- Resolves moderately complex problems and provides support to others.
- Follows procedures for incident escalation and notification to leadership.
- Supports and assists with troubleshooting efforts in conjunction with customer to identify moderately complex problems.
- Identifies moderately complex problems and escalates to senior staff for prioritization.
- Supports and assists with tracking and develops documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system.
- Supports and assists efforts to meet key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity).
- Supports and assists with the documentation of workarounds for problem records and changes to proactive processes.
- Follows, supports, and assists in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Provides knowledge repository for moderately complex technical support.
- Reviews information and supports the compilation of information (e.g., procedures, installation, configuration) related to new technology.
- Provides after hours on call support for moderately complex issues.
- Supports and assists with the execution of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum three (3) years IT experience in a support or operations environment. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- One (1) year in an informal leadership role working with IT or operational teams.
- Two (2) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- One (1) year experience working with IT vendors.
- Three (3) years experience writing documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT operations and support.
- Two (2) years experience providing support for client/server platforms.
- Two (2) years experience supporting Microsoft server operating systems.
- Two (2) years experience supporting Unix/Linux server operating systems.
- Two (2) years experience supporting mainframes for a large organization.
- Three (3) years experience in ITRM or IT compliance.
- Three (3) years experience in IT intake and profiling in a support or operations environment.
- Two (2) years experience implementing or supporting ITSM processes or services.
- One (1) year corporate healthcare experience.
- Microsoft certification (e.g., A+, MCP, MCSE, etc.) related to IT support.
- CISSP or comparable certification.
- CISM or comparable certification.
- CISA or comparable certification.
- ITIL certification.
Job Number: 628804