As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
What you'll do
- Provides technical support, direction, and supervision to the local IT Operations team.
- Plans, implements, and supports workstations, thin client, printers and peripheral hardware and software throughout the facility.
- Direct and manage staff, assigning work, providing training and development, evaluating performance, and building a motivated, effective team to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of the workforce to ensure proper coverage to meet business needs.
- Vendor management – monitor contractual agreements, manage vendor relationships, and ensure problem resolutions.
- Peripheral device management – maintain service plan and contracts
- Audits operational procedures and programs to identify and implement improvements
- Administers, monitors, and ensures compliance with Gap Inc. policies and procedures for safety and productivity.
- Ensures effective communication.
- Provides feedback to direct reports on performance throughout the year, initiates performance plans and corrective actions at appropriate times and facilitates end of year performance reviews.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and IT to ensure procedures are followed.
- Negotiates planned outages for the respective facility and keeps the business informed of current problems or potential problems and upcoming changes to the local infrastructure.
Who you are
- 2+ years of IT management experience in a large-scale facility.
- 5+ years of experience with networking configuration and operation, PC configuration and operation, Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Application troubleshooting, Distributed Software, Imaging, Active Directory, and Hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Strong people leadership skills; ability to empower, delegate, facilitate, influence, and develop employees.
- Familiarity with specific hardware types such as thermal label printers, laser printers, desktop PCs, monitors, fuzzy logic, imaging scanner equipment and Cisco switches.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and relationship building skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion, enthusiasm, reliability and drive for results in present capacity.