Position at Taylor Technology Services Inc
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned
- Serve as a liaison for IT Manager(s), development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives during new client onboarding, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manages and communicates job prioritization working with various stakeholders and IT team - acts as a gate keeper.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with Client service, Sales & Operations for the purpose of meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Ensure that all prioritized projects are delivered on-time.
- Manages resource availability and forecast allocation to meet project deadlines.
- Work closely with the Business Leaders to plan technical development for existing and future data processing, data analytics and page composition solutions.
- Manage all internal and external staff to maximize productivity and efficiency in carrying out IT projects.
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of project management and business analysis.
- Translation of new client onboarding (from both internal and external audiences) into formal proposal process capacities including timeline and deliverable expectations and the expressed scopes of work.
- Working with IT Director and Manager in managing project personnel responsible for implementation of the project tasks [holds and chair regular works meetings, prioritization of work, motivate staff, manage conflicts and crises].
- Participation in R&D Team Meetings and prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Oversee the daily activities of the IT team.
- Assist in development of efficient workflows
- Mentor, lead, train employees in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Responsible to coordinate and communicate with Taylor-wide resources to share information, documentation, and subject matter expertise to minimize roadblocks to project progress.
- Responsible to confer with technical contacts regarding how to resolve system issues.
- Knows fundamental concept of data security and compliance (PHI, PII, HIPAA, HiTrust).
- Assist with creating, updating and managing security and compliance policies and implementing them.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Team of 5-12 technical resources with the following roles: Data processing using SQL or flat file including CASS, NCOA and postal presort processing, ETL tool (Talend), Variable template development using Pageflex, Quadient Inspire and limited C# programming tasks.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will have sales supportresponsibilities and will be called upon to participate in sales presentations and meetings to present and conduct technical dialogue with clients and respond to Request For Proposal (RFP) from prospective clients.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Required to perform essential functions) The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information System or project management is preferred.
- 5 years IT management and/or technical project management experience at Pii or equivalent environment or industry. Experience should include leading projects from start to end.
- 3+ year’s software / applications development /Data processing/ Page composition Experience should include hands-on experience writing code and/or technical lead experience
- Experience required in Project task prioritization, resource scheduling and delivering work in established timeframe.
- Experience with multi-tasking, multi-processing fast paced IT environment.
- Experience in negotiating and communicating deadlines with internal/external stakeholder is a big plus
- Detail oriented and effectively manage multiple priorities in a busy production environment
- Experience working with PHI/PII/HIPAA data.
- Possesses and applies a moderately broad knowledge of business principles, practices, and procedures.
- Can read, understand complex standard requirements artifacts requirements matrices and process maps.
- Knowledge of resource capacity planning & forecasting
- Knowledge of Data processing, administration and Database technology required.
- Knowledge of Composition tools required. Tools such as Pageflex, Quadient Inspire, and InDesign are preferred.
- Working knowledge of prepress and variable data printing is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in Marketing/Advertising, Print Industry and USPS Mailing requirements is preferred.
- Knowledge of software development methodology required
- Knowledge and experience of any ETL tool is a plus.
COMMUNICATION: Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written communication form information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff and management.
COGNITIVE LISTENING: Pertaining to the mental processes of perceiving, thinking, and remembering; Awareness with perception, reasoning and judgment; ability to think, learn and retain.
TECHNICAL: Translate technology requirements from internal personnel to external customer and vice versa. Become familiar with basic creative design and layout as it relates to project and processes. Learn internal software applications as required by account. Learn, comprehend and utilize web and data development concepts to coordinate the development of technical solutions.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to collect the necessary information and listen to others to make decisions regarding project(s) and processes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Work with a variety of personalities and skill sets across Units and / or departments
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic mathematical operations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to compute ratios and percentages.
PRIORITIZATION: Handle frequent interruptions yet refocus on the task at hand or determine the most important tasks. Adapt to a fast paced, high stress and changing environment.
POSITIVE OUTLOOK: Looks for the positive qualities in others and focuses on what is “going right”; maintains a positive focus during challenging, or negative situations, and helps employees work through to a successful outcome; acknowledges the “brutal facts” of a tough situation without becoming discouraged or discouraging others.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Seeks information, performs data analysis, develops and considers alternatives, adjusts approach, demonstrates decisiveness, and gains commitments.
ORGANIZATION: Ensure information can be found easily and tasks are completed on time. Pay attention to details. Maintain accuracy and quality.
ACHIEVE RESULTS THROUGH PEOPLE: Build teams, Create an team environment, encourage constructive dialogue, clarifies roles, goals and direction, facilitates understanding and agreement, encourages effort, monitors performance, follows-up to sustain efforts, and celebrates success.
ESTABLISHES DIRECTION: Scans the environment, identifies issues and opportunities, evaluates options, assesses risk and establishes strategic direction
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: (to include technical/equipment skill capabilities, regulatory and/or licensing requirements)
- Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong understanding of data programming and page composition
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Strong communication skills across a range of channels.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Listening and asking questions to confirm understanding.
- IT Managed Services background a plus
- Experience with Task management tools like Jira is a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience in direct marketing industry, ad agency protocol, graphic arts and/or printing industries helpful.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Should be able to Travel if needed.