IT Subject Matter Expert/SharePoint Specialist
Compass Point, an Akima Company , is committed to helping government agencies modernize their IT infrastructure and systems to drive innovation and value. Come join an experienced, leading edge team committed to excellence and results. Compass Point offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a wide variety of career development opportunities. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The IT Subject Matter Expert/SharePoint Specialist will join our team in Fredericksburg, VA in their continued support of our federal law enforcement client. The selected individual serve as a Team Lead, Senior SharePoint/Software Developer, and content developer, working alongside the client team to devise and deliver IT infrastructure, engineering, implementation, operations, administration, system integration, and maintenance services to successfully accomplish the mission of the existing multi-agency center within the Department of Justice. The affiliated program serves as a hub for technical knowledge management across the law enforcement community, making current and emerging technical capabilities more widely available at the local, State, and Federal level.
- Providing hands-on engineering, development, and leadership support to meet and satisfy the objectives of the client team
- Managing contractor team personnel, coordination, and schedule maintenance
- Collecting and evaluating new capability and/or functionality requirements
- Performing and/or overseeing the creation and implementation of new capabilities and functionalities
- Creating Master Pages, page layouts, etc., as needed
- Performing testing and quality control for both internal and external websites, while ensuring 508 compliance
- Creating reports for deliverables, as required by the Goverment Program Manager
- Conducting presentation, as directed by the government, to promote websites for the program
- Implementing various authentication capabilities for websites and portals
- Developing and maintaining SOPs, procedures, and website documentation as needed
- Troubleshooting encountered malfunctions for internal and external websites/portals to maintain functionality
- Supporting and maintaining software and database integration between SharePoint and the program's in-house applications
- Monitoring SharePoint trends including site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth, etc.
- Providing help desk support at the Tier I, II, and III level
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline, or equivalent specialized experience
- One or more of following active certifications: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and/or a Microsoft role-based certification
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in all aspects of SharePoint to include, but not limited to,development, architecture, administration, advanced SharePoint features, creating custom web parts, event receivers, workflows, lists/surveys, configuring and administering search, configuring site collections, and PowerShell scripting to automate activities.
- Proficiency with the implementation of Single-Sign-On (SSO) as both a relying party and identity provider.
- Experience implementing SAML 2.0 authentication in an ADFS environment, as well as, both Windows and forms authentication methods is also required.
- General knowledge of networking, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, and Window Services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.