IT Strategic Sourcing Manager II. Job Summary
The Strategic Sourcing Manager II manages and coordinates the procurement of materials, components, supplies, services, etc., essential to the operation, ensuring that purchases be of therequiredquality and quantity, at the most economical costs, and of timely delivery.
This professional role will utilize your sourcing experience in a large, multi-location company environment. We are seeking a leader with skilled experience developing strategic sourcing strategies for Indirect Procurement of Information Technology products and services across the organization. You will be problem solver who has the ability to quickly analyze a problem and determine accurate conclusions. Possessing strong mathematical, analytical, strategic and reasoning skills will lead to your success. We are seeking your demonstrated negotiation skills, ability to create and communicate complex business models and innovative solutions, with the ability to operate independently and communicate effectively with internal clients, peers and senior managers as well as external vendors. The position will need your ability to travel an average of 20% of the time. In addition, a 4-yeardegree is preferred in Supply Chain Management, advanced degree would be a plus.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager II will report to a Director of Supply Chain in the Strategic Sourcing Business Unit.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be an individual with ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Sourcing Manager will engage internal customers to lead the develop of sourcing strategies and plans for assigned portfolio covering a wide range of IT Technologies. Categories include but not limited to Telecom, Hardware, Software and Services.
- Participates and leads strategic sourcing efforts to support the business requirements for technology based products & services
- Leads the Request for Information/Quotation/Proposal and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
- Leads the contracting process in cooperation with Legal and Suppliers
- Lead a team of Sourcing Specialists supporting the Technology Category, include skills development, creation of category strategies and contract creation & development
- Liaise with appropriate departments such as Finance, AP, IT, HR, Sales, Marketing and any other impacted departments to ensure proper compliance to contracts is effectively managed
- Monitor and drive compliance to preferred supplier programs
- Develops action plans, time lines and presentations for sourcing projects
- Monitors sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and secure financial benefits
- Identify and monitor supplier key performance indicators, including development of supplier QBR’s and KPI’s
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers to optimize Sourcing programs
- Conduct Internal Business Reviews with internal stakeholders, including Senior IT Leadership and participate on the IT Governance Committee
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 1 full-time employees, including:
- supervision of 1 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, and seven to ten years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Six-sigma certification; CPM or APICs certification a plus.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required