Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
- The ULA Corporate IT Storage Architect will serve as the Lead Storage Administrator in the design, implementation, and management of the storage environment.
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS architecture is essential. Primary responsibilities will be to drive storage strategies and recommend industry best practices for storage solutions, provide proactive storage forecasting, design and deploy effective storage solutions, and research new and emerging technologies.
- The Architect will work in a team environment supporting an Enterprise SAN and NAS infrastructure; performing design, tuning, allocation, installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Fast and independent learning capabilities, Good interpersonal skills, well organized, self-motivated person, strong customer service, project, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills, resulting in quick resolution of issues.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal that provide clear, concise, uncomplicated instruction/description to both team members and our user community.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of experience; advanced degrees are typically preferred at this level.
- 4 years of directly related experience and relevant professional certifications may be used to satisfy the bachelor’s degree requirement.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Overall familiarity storage platforms (HPE 3PAR and Nimble, NetApp Data ONTAP and FAS, etc.) and technologies both on premise and cloud environments (Azure, AWS, etc.).
- Hands-on experience and proven success with designing, implementing, and managing storage solutions in excess of 5PB.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead and responsible for storage infrastructure vision:
- Designing optimal storage solutions, identifying storage needs and guiding the design and installation process
- Developing and establishing archive policies and backup and restoral policies and ensuring compliancy with Corporate Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery requirements.
- Administration and support of storage arrays and storage switches.
- Monitoring and reporting on storage health and performance, capacity management and planning, creation and management of backup policies, and verification of daily backups
- Leading engagement with business teams and enterprise architecture to understand opportunities for improvement, pain points, gaps, and update of the enterprise roadmap.
- Providing Capacity, Configuration, Performance and Availability management services for all storage related infrastructure.
- Working with business users for current optimized access and future needs.
- In-depth understanding of networking (VLAN, Subnet, Routing) for NAS file protocol access troubleshooting.
- Experience with ITIL Incident management, Problem management, and Change management processes.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Team player, willing to share knowledge/information with team members.