As a member of the Enterprise NetworkEngineering & NetworkSecurity Operations team, the Network Solutions Architect contributes to the deployment of new products, improvement of existing product offerings, and exploration of emerging technologies. The Network Solutions Architect is responsible for guiding hardware selection, software standards, and strategy decisions to support company requirements and business objectives. Provides expert telecommunications consulting. Interprets business requirements into technical network solutions framework. Provides technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. Liaise with enterprise, server and applications architects to ensure alignment across technologyportfolios.
- Provide technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs.
- Provide expert consultation for major network initiatives or incidents.
- Produce and/or endorse network standards.
- Provide advice and recommendations specific to customer requirements.
- Evaluate emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs.
- Serve as a key representative on major network initiatives.
- Update standards and guidelines.
- Review the feasibility of new and existing IT projects
- Write technical and business documentation.
- Lead high level scoping and costing activities.
- Guide and influence team members and business colleagues.
- Create presentations/solutions and articulate to boards and executives.
- Work with other SMEs and technical support teams in the pursuit of technically excellent solutions.
- Produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction.
- Review and evaluate disaster recovery strategies
- Review designs for standards compliance, architecture compliance and negotiate implementation timeframes.
- Work with the network operations and project delivery teams to promote network standards and compliance
- Collaborate with business users, technical staff and management to define business and technical requirements.
- Research, evaluate and approve vendor services and solutions
Requirements for this position include minimum of 10 years' experience as a network engineer in a telecommunication service provider network with significant and demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and supporting large scale multi-protocol networks. Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of service provider, data center, wireless, and security strategies.
- Experienced with design and support of both geographically dispersed and significantly sized deployments.
- Superior knowledge of Internet edge architectures, WAN routing technologies, LAN switching, and packet tracing.
- Thorough understanding of service provider architectures and technologies, including but not limited to: BGP, MP-BGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, OSPF, EIGRP, QOS, HQoS, and IPsec
- Must have extensive experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, ASA CLI, and moderate Linux acumen. Experience with Arista, Palo Alto, Comware, JunOS, EOS and XOS is a plus.
Candidate should currently hold or be actively working towards Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert certification. Candidates with demonstrated ability to learn quickly, work under pressure, and grasp both technical and business-related nuances in a rapidly changing environment will be considered first.
Candidates must be able to support 24x7 production environment with on-call availability.
Requirements License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science with 10 years of experience in related field.
Requisition Number 17-80559