- Lead and participate in analysis, design, and development efforts for laboratory information systems using lean Agile best practices.
- Facilitate implementation of our software architecture standards for the entire Laboratory Systems organization.
- Collaborate with senior leadership in Corporate Ops and IT teams to design and deliver high- performance software services and applications.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications from which computer programs will be written.
- Develop, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Analyze, review, and alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt new requirements.
- Learn business and technical aspects of existing applications.
- Provide on callsupport for production systems where necessary.
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Implement application monitoring strategies to measure success.
- Promote sharing of domain expertise and knowledge across the team.
- Mentor employees in analysis, design, development, and testing skills.
- Attract, select, and retain a talented team.
- Oversee training new and existing staff and fosters teamwork to help them meet and/or exceed performance goals. Promotes employee growth and involvement.
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science with 10years ofexperience in related field.REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of healthcare experience OR 12+ years of IT or healthcare experiencerequired.
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful as well as SOAP service architectures.
- Expertise with Java development using Spring, Hibernate, Maven, and other frameworks.
- Advanced use of relational databases such as DB2, Oracle llG, or MS Sal Server.
- Candidate must flourish in a fast paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills (oral, written, and presentation) are critical to success among this company of talented individuals
- Strong .proficiency and experience in developing/managing large projects.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate the ability to be focused and results oriented.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.