Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to operating systems, applications, server hardware, virtual infrastructure, backup and recovery, storage, and storage area networking. This position will support Windows operating systems, build standards, operating system patching, monitoring, alerting, security, patching, and automation. This position will work closely with the Application, Networking, and DBA teams to implement business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation and support of VMWare 6.0+
- Implementation and support of Nutanix AHV
- Implementation and support of Cohesity Backup Platform
- Responsible for ensuring uptime of critical business systems and infrastructure through monitoring and timely remediation of critical infrastructure issues
- Preserves data assets by supporting disaster recovery and back-up procedures
- Supports information technology strategies, policies, and procedures
- Identifies issues, evaluates trends, and anticipates requirements
- Ensures adherence to all regulatory compliance processes and requirements, including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, DFARS, ITAR and like regulations.
- Responsible for performing routine operating system and application patching and remediation any security vulnerabilities in a timely manner
- Responsible for supporting the monitoring, alerting and automation infrastructure for critical business systems and infrastructure.
- Identify paths for migration from legacy platforms to more modern platforms; perform migrations in support of strategic plans
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing infrastructure technologies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Six (6) or more years of experience as a Systems Administrator in a medium to high volume environment
- Experience in managing an enterprise physical and virtual infrastructure (VMware, Nutanix AHV) and HP Blade Systems
- Experience administering enterprise Unix and Linux server environments running various applications, configuration, deployment, and upgrades
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of virtual infrastructure, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and networking technologies
- Understanding of backup/DR planning and compliance
- Knowledge of SOX/PCI or similar compliance a plus
- Strong problem solving
- Ability to complete job requirements within time constraints
- Ability to train new employees to support systems as required
- Ability to work effectively in an individual or team environment
- Must be self-motivated and directed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-oriented technical discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with IAAS, PAAS cloud services (Azure)
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. As a US Department of Defense contractor we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Work requires substantial visual concentration on detail
- Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
- May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes