Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead medium and Large enterprise planning & supply chain (SCM) projects, executing on time and on budget all approved deliverables
- Coordinate project resources to ensure program and business needs are addressed through proactive priority management with business leaders.
- Adhere to Abbott’s formal SLC process
- Measure performance to assure projects are progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Assess degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects by partnering with the division, group or senior executive management and sponsor, to gain agreement for resolution.
- Provide demand management and prioritization of work in alignment with the business and service provider response to demand, and assist with the preparation and monitoring of corresponding IT budgets.
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Executive Management, IT Sr Management, the business sponsors, and the project team.
- Maintain compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Develop a project plan, ensuring that authorized resources are obtained to make certain that all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Position has enterprise-wide IT and US / International scope. Works with Senior level business and IT management leaders to influence outcomes in support of strategic IT delivery projects.
Bachelors degree in Business, Computer science or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- At least 10 years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 7 years managing projects.
Key competencies include:
- project management mastery
- time management
- Experience in life science planning (demand & supply), warehouse management and serialization – particularly with IT systems in the space.
- Enterprise thinking with ability to build credibility within the organization
- expertise in development and implementation of procedures and in-process metrics
- knowledge of Life Sciences business, preferably in IT & International
- strong interpersonal skills (i.e. communication adaptability, meeting facilitation, negotiation, mediation, conflict management)
- ability to successfully adapt to changing requirements
- ability to operate under ambiguity
- strong writing, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- ability to work effectively with conceptual structures, outlines and models
The IT Sr Program Manager is expected to have the proven experience and knowledge needed to ensure the successful leadership of Abbott employees across multiple locations, as well as independent contractors and strategic sourced consulting services across multiple projects. The IT Sr Program Manager is expected to have:
- Strong project management skills and have responsibility and accountability for formal program level management
- 10+ years of project delivery experience
- Advanced expertise in several integrated business processes across multiple major business functions primarily in areas of scope aligned with their assigned program responsibilities
- Advanced expertise in SAP APO, SAP WM, Serialization solutions
- High knowledge and experience in integration of APO with ERP systems (CIF)
- Experience in resolving complex business, system, change management and program delivery challenges