A Sr. Data Archiving Analyst/Developer will deliver archive services for our application retirement program and Active archiving for ERP's (SAP/Non-SAP) and Non ERP's. Need to be hands on, technically strong, and can influence change across multiple organizations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver end-to-end Data Archive solutions using Informatica ILM and SAP Open Text.
- Will perform hands-on development to create retirement entities and archive jobs.
- Work with business and IT to gather requirements and define the Data Archive solutions and reports for application retirement data archiving.
- Perform testing of the archive entities and reports to meet business and technical specifications including performance tuning during development lifecycle
- Work with team leadership to understand scope, derive estimates, schedule, allocate work, manage tasks/projects, present status updates to IT and business leaders as required
- Act as tertiary escalation contact for issue resolution and problem management
- Develop and contribute to strategic vision for Data Archive
- Define and contribute to development of standards, guidelines, design patterns and common development frameworks & components
- Under minimal direction, performs basic analysis, design, implementation and maintenance activities in various areas of IT.
- Formulates and/or defines scope and objectives of feasibility studies.
- Works independently and leads assignments of moderate to medium complexity.
- Provides direction to peers, junior team members and/or external consultants.
- Consistently applies the concepts of appropriate standard methodologies and best practices.
- Prepares reports, records progress and creates solutions to IT problems/issues.
- Partners with customer community to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors as needed to evaluate software, hardware or services and makes recommendations.
- Applies principles, concepts and practices of the IT Competency Model at the Senior Analyst level.
- Proactively enforces worldwide and local security policies to ensure IT information assets are protected.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Strong expertise Unix Scripting, SQL tuning, PL/SQL on Oracle (10g, 11g, 12c) is plus.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with superior analytical, problem solving, pragmatism and organization skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver end-to-end high-quality solution
- Ability to delight customers
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner and have continual desire and capability to learn
- Agile development experience preferred
- Must be a proven top performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, diverse, and distributed workplace.
- Be able to coordinate with both on-shore and remote support teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks to deliver according to schedule and priority
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required with at least 5+ years of experience implementing archiving tools like Informatica ILM or SAP Open text with strong expertise in ETL and SQL development.
- Experience in retirement of ERP, Package, and Custom Applications.
- Experience in creating search and reporting solutions of archived data.
- Bachelor's with Master's degree in business, IT or related field with at least 3+ years relative professional experience
- Technical IT certifications preferred