Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
- Collects new requirements for development to meet customer's needs.
- Resolves complex IT program and implementation issues, especially with cross platform data and IT systems that require coordination and compatibility.
- Briefs suggestions, as appropriate, on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts on established policies, broad program goals or projected timetables.
- Responsible for work that involves the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation and support of new or existing applications software.
- Analyzes and refines systems requirements, translating systems requirements into applications prototypes.
- Assists in the planning and designing systems architecture, writing, debugging, and maintaining code.
- Determines and designs applications architecture and the output media/formats.
- Designs user interfaces and works with customers to test applications and assures software and systems quality and functionality.
- Evaluates new applications software technologies.
- Writes and maintains program documentation.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- After reporting, required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (incorporating Change 2, April 20, 2010).
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and 2 years' experience, C++, Java and SQL familiarity, and currently VMware datacenter certified.
- Expertise in Concept of Operations (Understands business operations, implements, maintains project timelines, team management, and budgets), Network Monitoring, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Access Control Lists (ACL), Virtual Environments, Active Directory, Vulnerability Scans, Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
All employees will be required to possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Military IT infrastructure experience in engineering, maintenance, operation, administration, and defense a plus.