Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
9:00am – 5:00pm, one unpaid lunch hour
Where is the physical work office located?
335 Adams Street, Brooklyn NY 11201
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- This position provides support to the development and deployment of new wireless Technology to the schools. It provides core wireless connectivity and advanced mobility capabilities to NYC's 1600 public schools. It is critical for schools to receive highspeed, secure, and mobile access to the Internet and to instructional resources. The refresh provides the backbone for the wireless capability that is now critical to support students and teachers.
- The IT Specialist is expected to:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new wireless technology and network mobility in the schools.
- Support implementation and deployment of wireless standards including 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11i, dot1x and 802.11 extensions protocols.
- Support implementation and deployment of wireless security authentication and encryption protocols including LEAP, PEAP, EAP-TLS, WPA, TKIP, AES, PSK, WEP, etc.
- Lead large scale wireless network management tasks using Aruba's Airwave WNMS platform.
- Support engineering efforts in designing, testing and deployment of wireless access management solutions.
- Conduct Airwave WNMS updates (wireless network management system) in support of project deployment
- Runs, generates and distributes daily status of the wireless infrastructure Airwave reports
- Conducts MAC systems update in Airwave in support of project deployment
- Imports and configures New schools in the Airwave wireless network management systems
- Implements and conduct QA checks of Visual RF records in Airwave.
- Coordinate configuration and testing of various wireless clients including laptops, printers, tablets and other Wi-Fi devices. This includes work with wireless adapters utilities, drivers and configuration procedures for Windows and MAC OSX, Apple iOS, ChromeOS, Android and other operating systems.
- Implement solutions integrating Cisco wireless controllers, Controller-less Architecture and ISE.
- Implement solutions integrating Aruba wireless controllers, Instant Architecture and ClearPass.
- Perform as an IT Specialist to troubleshoot and resolve wireless network support and end-user wireless escalations from NYCDOE's Network Operations Center.
- Assist with wireless site surveys and site RF diagnostics using wireless survey tools like Ekahau or AirMagnet.
- Participate in work with other IT groups to implement and support wireless access management system
- 60 months experience with the Airwave WNMS (wireless network management system).
- 60 months of wireless LAN networking and enterprise Wi-Fi experience, preferably with multiple vendor platforms including Aruba networks and Cisco
- 60 months of experience supporting information technology systems and projects.
- BS degree in Computer Science, engineering, information technology, Telecommunication or related field.
- 60 months of experience working with Wireless LAN implementation and support processes.
- 60 months Wireless clients (end-user Wi-Fi devices) configuration and troubleshooting.
- 60 months of experience in professional communication with management and peers and reporting project status.
- Aruba wireless networking certification.
- Cisco networking certification.
- Aruba or Cisco wireless access management certification