Mission Essential is seeking an IT Specialist located in the New Albany, OH office. The IT Specialist is expected to perform a range of IT duties that include, in-depth knowledge of Windows systems and desktop administration.
An exceptional opportunity for the right “experienced” candidate to continue to grow and work with a broad array of technology. An interested candidate must be able to keep learning and ultimately take ownership of new technology while at the same time identify ways to improve it in a cost-efficient and secure manner. Professional, friendly communication during each customer interaction, face to face or via remote support, is an absolute must.
Work closely with both local and remote technology team members, Program Managers, customers, and vendors focusing on Enterprise infrastructure and desktop support. Act as an Administrator with a variety of systems supporting day to day operations.
- Service Desk related requests from both local and remote employees.
- Work alongside Mission Essential network and system administrators. Duties will include Exchange, Active Directory, VMware, and IIS administration.
- Additionally, able to assist with any Unified Communications duties that include, moves, adds, changes, and maintenance of our Unified Communications (Skype for Business / Polycom VTC) systems.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledge base visibility.
- Analyze new and existing systems and determine how they can achieve client needs.
- Reportsecurity settings, changes, and issues using the Service Desk and Change Management process
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The employee must be detail-oriented and organized.
- The employee must demonstrate effective time management.
- This position requires the employee to understand verbal and written instructions.
- The employee must have the ability to complete tasks promptly as well as the ability to meet deadlines when applicable to ensure proper implementation and project completion.
- The employee is required to communicate and work effectively with other employees using varying methods to communicate with customers.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- NOT a remote opportunity and requires the employee to be onsite.
- Position requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and computer components, repetitive motion is required.
- The employee is required to sit for the majority of the working hours, and complete tasks electronically.
- The employee is required to be on call and work long hours when needed to maintain services.
- This position requires occasional travel.
- Technical certifications or B.S. degree relevant to this role is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience supporting an enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Desired Certifications: CompTIA Network+ or Security +, Microsoft, VMWare (ESX).
- Active or the ability to obtain a Government approved Secret clearance preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, applications and system administration.
- The IT Specialist MUST be a proven problem solver and able to troubleshooting common IT server and desktop related issues.
- Incredibly tech savvy with a background supporting Windows Server, Windows 10, VMware, ChromeOS, iOS and Android, Office 365, and desktop issues.
- Worked with technologies like password managers, OTP authenticators, 2-Step Authentication (MFA) encryption, MDM (Mobile Device Management) + Computer Management.
- Intermediate technical experience working with Macs, PCs, Mobile phones, Chromebooks, Servers is a must.
- Experience in networking using protocols: DNS, TCP/IP, Traceroute, Peer-to-Peer VPN, VoIP
- Experience managing and supporting conference room systems (Polycom Group Series).
- Comfortable with scriptinglanguages a plus (PowerShell).
- Due to a geographically distributed workforce, IT staff must be available – when needed - to support teams after hours and on weekends.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 2010-2016 and Adobe Acrobat applications.
- Assist with installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
- Remote troubleshooting of desktop and end-user support.
- Basic network printer setups and troubleshooting.
- Active Directory user creation/administration.
- Display a fundamental understanding of networking, LAN, and wireless technologies.
- Experience with desktop deployment/engineering with Microsoft or 3rd party vendor solutions.
- Any infrastructure development/scriptingexperience highly desirable.