Posting Description Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. We’re currently looking for a IT Specialist - Infrastructure to join our team in Mississauga, ON.
The IS Analyst is aninternal consultancy roleresponsible forinvestigating processes,technology, cost, and strategy while identifying options for improving and bridging the needs of the business with the use of Information Systems andTechnology.
- An IS Analyst is responsible for analyzing and documenting the Information Systems needs of clients to help identify problems and propose solutions.
- The IS Analyst role is to liaise with the internal business departments and the providers of services to the enterprise.
- The IS Analyst will manage incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties
- The IS Analyst is to understand, interpret and suggest resolution to technical systematic issues and communicates these issues effectively to management and peers
- The scope of analysis is limited to all business functions within a specific business domain.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and the organization they represent.
- They may be responsible for developing cost analyses, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
- They may also be responsible for feasibility studies of a computer system before making recommendations to senior management.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs, develop, monitor and conduct application testing)
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts under the direction of Manager.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and advanced technical degreepreferred.
- Incumbent must possess minimum of 5 to 7 years application development experience which includes 5 years experience in working with third party vendors.
- Prior experience working with off-shore personnel is a plus.
- Skills to read, understand, interpret, and communicate technical systematic issues effectively to management and peers.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- The IS Analyst plays a vital role in the systems and business development process.
- Qualified Analyst must acquire all of the four skills; analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal.
- Familiarity with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Must be detailed Oriented.
- Must be flexible and posses the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access); Microsoft Windows operating system; and Project Management methods and tools.