In this role, you will install, operate, configure, diagnose, and repair computers, related software, and peripheral equipment. Information Technology Specialists conduct individual and group training sessions and demonstrate how to use computer programs by developing, preparing, and evaluating training program outlines, training manuals, instructions, reference manuals, and other materials. You will also provide training related to computerized applications and conduct quality assurance reviews and the evaluation of existing and new software products. More senior Information Technology Specialists plan and manage large-scale upgrades, coordinate large-scale migration activities, design, install, configure and install data networks, and provide expert technical skills to solve challenging IT issues.
• Develops, prepares, and evaluates training program outlines, training manuals, instructions, reference manuals, and other materials
• Provides training related to computerized applications
• Supports older technology during transition phases and tests new equipment, software, and technologies for replacement
• Monitors and distributes helpdesk calls and assists with report programming
• Possesses expert-level knowledge of computers and peripheral equipment, including operating systems and basic operations functions, system and memory configurations, and software
• Develops high-level system design diagrams, program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
• Conducts quality assurance reviews and the evaluation of existing and new software products
• Installs, operates, configures, diagnoses, and repairs computers, related software, and peripheral equipment
• Monitors activity and components of data communications networks and identifies software and hardware malfunctions
• Determines users’ needs and problems, understands program requirements, and develops effective solutions; prepares documentation materials
• Presents technical concepts and procedures on software
• Establishes rapport quickly and effectively with groups and individuals and maintains effective working relationships
Minimum five (5) years of experience as an IT Specialist.
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
Minimum DOD 8140 / DOD 8570 IAT LEVEL 2
This positions requires the ability to pass an additional layer of security review
Bachelor’s Degree = One year of experience
Master’s Degree = Two years of experience
Ph.D. = Three years of experience