5 - 7 years experience • Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
The IT Specialist provides comprehensive IT, hardware and software support, some limited systems administration, as well as management of the company’s Intranet site and cloud-based system(s), which includes various applications. This person will spearhead the development of a MS SharePoint environment to create an integrated collaboration workspace. This environment will dovetail with our current infrastructure to allow all HUYA’s global sites/employees to have uniform IT policies, workflow, security, and compliance.
The successful candidate will identify, prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve incoming IT requests/issues, ensuring all employees’ and company’s software, hardware, file storage, and security demands are met with an appropriate sense of urgency. This role requires the ability to find solutions to a wide array of concerns, understanding the interdependencies between users, applications, data and systems. Some infrastructure and server support will also be required.
This is an office based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYA functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain a MS SharePoint environment for all HUYA global employees
- Provide onsite and remote computer, device, and networksupport, including technical training with the ability to support domestic and international end users (e.g. Asia, Ireland)
- Execute hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Establish, support, and ensure compliance with HUYA’s global IT and Security policies
- Some Active Directory user/group administration, hosted Exchange management, hosted PBX management
- Serve as backup support for some core infrastructure items, such as VMWare and Veeam
- Use Dell SecureWorks portal to evaluate and act on real-time network vulnerabilities potential securitythreats, malware, and viruses
- Manage and track inventory of hardware and software licenses
- Perform remote control sessions with users via remote control software
- Oversee and collaborate with consultant IT Support teams in Asia to provide consistent issue/request resolution as well as IT policy/security/device monitoring
- Update, validate, and distribute IT policy, compliance standards, software usage guidelines, training materials, and technical SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Assist HUYA IT Systems Administrator(s) as needed
- Performs other duties as required
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to work some off hours to support global sites required
- Advanced knowledge of supported Microsoft Workstation OS and Applications: Windows 7, MS Office 2013-2016
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Active Directory
- Some knowledge of VMWare and Veeam a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Patience and ability to deal with difficult “customer” situations, including internationally
- Confidence to work independently and within a diverse team environment
- Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation and training instructions
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in computer hardware, software, and networksupport, including technical training or experience, and a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in a computer-related field (or equivalent certifications)
- Experience and/or interest in the Biotech/Pharma industry