TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes. TEGTA16
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, for digital factory. Knowledge in computer, networking, and remote connection will be a plus. Additional responsibility will be to analyzed factory data and track actions based on what the data is telling the team. Maintain record and systems for coordination of manufacturing operations. Project manage and ensure delivery of digital factory project meets schedule. Team player, highly engaged in all support along with manufacturing needs.
Digital Factory / ME Skills
- Implement and maintain new digital factory projects.
- Understanding of digital factory tools, dashboards, and supporting network systems.
- Experience with remote and local network connection is a plus.
- Purchased network materials, supplies, and team with TE Connectivity IT group for additional application and network interface.
- Successfully manage projects and track actions and owners for digital factory project.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing system data (cost, quality, COPQ) for trends to drive the factory.
- Publish data in an interactive electronic dashboard.
- Successfully train operators in proper methods and usage of tooling, PC interface, and digital quality inspection interface tools.
- Effectively support the production floor as needed.
- Review system specifications to maintain knowledge of system requirements and changes to the digital factory effort.
- Understanding of digital factory technology combined with expertise in manufacturing processes
- Communication and presentation (verbal and written) along with strong planning and organization skills
- 5 years of experience in business processes for manufacturing (product life cycle management, factory design, digital factory)
- Bachelordegree in related industry is a plus
- Understanding ofdigital factoryinfrastructureand factory data analytics
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Internet.
- Driving systems changes such as SAP and Hydra
- Digital Factory – experience with dashboards (Power BI or similar dashboard tools).
- Experience with VNC or other remote connection application
- Excel tools (Example: formulas, macro, dashboard tools)
Some travel maybe required.