Job Title: IT Specialist
Location: Columbia, SC, 29210
Duration: 12 Months (Possibilities of extensions)
· Candidate should possess advanced engineering and troubleshooting skills for the support and maintenances of endpoint technologies.
· Supported endpoint technologies include workstations, printers and client software. A desirable candidate would have experience with desktop imagining using IBM BIGFIX: OS deployment, advanced knowledge of Microsoft active directory and experience with MacAfee security products.
· Knowledge of utility programs, scripting and the ability to identify and resolve problems is required. Ability to work independently and to work outside of the normal work hours as needed is required.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
· Configures and installs software for IT users' desktops and laptops.
· Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades and new desktop hardware. Maintains desktop software and hardware; supportsmobile workforce.
· Provides Tier 2 support to IT users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems. Troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides.
· Escalates to Tier 3 support when necessary. Documents problems and resolutions.
· May perform end-user training. Strong customer service skills are important in this position. Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
Required skills (rank in order of importance):
Thorough knowledge of endpoint technologies. Knowledge of utility programs, scripting and the ability to identify and resolve problems.
Preferred skills (rank in order of importance):
Experience with desktop imagining using IBM BIGFIX: OS deployment, advanced knowledge of Microsoft active directory and experience with MacAfee security products
· PC Setup, Configuration, & Deployment
· MCAFEE Enterprise Security
· Microsoft Active Directory