We are a Broadcast Television station searching for an exceptional IT/Broadcast Engineer to join our Engineering Staff.
The IT/Broadcast Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day hands-on maintenance of the IT infrastructure at WCSH6 in Portland Maine and at WLBZ2 in Bangor. This includes supporting industry-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services. He/she responds quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and other content production operations.
- The IT Engineer will accept direction from the Technology Manager (TM) and Engineering Supervisor for installation and maintenance of all IT equipment through the organization’s multiple broadcast, online, and mobile content production facilities. This includes station automation systems, master control and production systems, newsroom computer systems, industry-centric proprietary software solutions, non-linear edit systems, shared storage systems, and other equipment.
- The IT engineer will be expected to provide support for equipment at the transmitter location(s), microwave sites, remote news offices, fiber equipment sites, and other remote locations.
- He/She must be able to assist in training operating staff to use new and existing equipment to its fullest.
- The IT engineer will work closely with the Technology Manager (TM), Engineering Supervisor, and with corporate IT support. He/She will effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or IT related degree.
- Solid understanding of current computer hardware, networktechnologies, and Microsoft’s Active Directory environment.
- Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience. Cisco Certification a PLUS.
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.