Details: An IT SOX Compliance Team Member job in Fairfax, VA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and updating IT process narratives as appropriate and apply downstream risks mitigations. Seeking junior contractor with 2 to 3 years of SOX IT audit experience and strong communication and analytical skills that can interact with the IT team and senior auditors. Travel will be required. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Due to the nature of the work performed in this facility US citizenship is required.
IT SOX Compliance Team Member Job duties:
• Assess and validate evidence supporting narratives for management’s testing of internal controls.
• Function as liaison between IT and auditors and perform ongoing support throughout the audit process to alleviate confusion and misinterpretations Validate walkthroughs of IT processes can be easily understood by potential assessors.
• Perform pre-audit assessments to verify narratives are being adhered to.
• Identify automation opportunities in providing the evidence or any aspect of the control.
• Support risks and impact analysis for system changes.
• Experience during the planning, scoping and conducting of audits.
• Proficient knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley audit requirements.
• Proficient knowledge of the principles, theory, techniques, and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulation, Government Compliance.