Industry: Energy & Utilities•
Less than 5 years
Posted 68 days ago
The IT Solutions Engineer/Analyst II is responsible for software and hardware product delivery and performance for all application spaces including next generation technology such as cloud engineering and mobile applications. Drives products from design completion to volume production release through lifecycle including troubleshooting software and system problems to ensure performance and reliability.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Requires basic technical subject matter knowledge within a job area or system
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge, or Qualifications
- Knowledge of programming languages; database management systems; development platforms
- Skills in understanding and explaining moderately technical issues and solutions in non-technical terms; working effectively in teams and across organizations; balancing and prioritizing between multiple work streams; collaborating with colleagues and teams in different fields across a diverse organization; solving moderate problems in own area of work
Key Job Accountabilities
1) Develops/configures new applications to meet functional and technical designs
2) Fixes and develops changes to applications to meet functional and technical designs following best practices and development standards and guidelines
3) Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand functional requirements and contributes to completion of functional specifications
4) Prepares technical documentation on application specifications
5) Creates deliverables according to the SDLC, such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation
6) Analyzes and resolves development issues in a timely manner
7) Conducts analysis of codes and develops/ deploys defect fixes in engineering processes
8) Proactively assists internal clients with technical issues related to solution implementation
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.