IT Solutions Design Specialist - Senior .NET Developer
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS). You’ll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
- Propose solution options; generate stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technologyarchitecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Identify ways to minimize cost, play a role in introducing strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application ( e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
Other duties as assigned
• Driving Requirements:
• Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate degreepreferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the business, broader organization, technical environment, standards, processes, tools, procedures, multiple programming languages, operating systems, solutions design and other relevant technology areas from a design/support/solutions perspective.
- Readiness and motivation to work autonomously in a lead capacity on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions) and can be relied on to coach, educate and monitor the work of others.
- Primary subject matter expertise in multiple areas; you’re seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions and testing.
- Strength coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams, capable of being a internal expert resource in “technical information exchange”.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
PreferredQualifications – Here are the preferredqualifications for this role:
• Minimum 7 years’ experience developing advanced web application/services (WCF/WebAPI, RESTFul/Soap) in Microsoft .NET environment with Asp.net, C#, including integration with multiple backend systems/services.
• Advanced Skills: SOAP & REST services development, XML, XML Schemes (XSD), WSDL, JSON, XSL, IOC(Unity/Ninject/AutoFac), LINQ, Entity Framework
• Development Tools: Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015; Mock/unit testing using MoQ, NUnit, MSTest frameworks; Integration Testing using SoapUI, ReadyAPI; Source Control with GIT, SVN; Continuous Integration using Jenkins/TFS/CruiseControl, Understanding of Test/Data Driven Development;
• Databases: SQL Server (SQL 2012/2016), Entity Framework – Experience working with SQL server and developing Stored Procedures and SSIS, optimizing database performance.
• Environment Knowledge:Windows2008/2012/2016, IIS, DNS,TCP/IP, DHCP, DMZ, SAN, Virtualization,Windows Clustering,Network Load Balancing, Cloud application hosting and deployment, GeneralNetworkInfrastructure, and Service OrientedArchitecture(general knowledge and understanding of these environments.)