At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
The IT Solution Delivery Manager manages a combination of internal IT solution delivery teams and vendors of IT products (software and/or IT services (consulting, application development, etc.). The role owns and must understand contractual, commercial, and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered. The role and responsibilities of the IT Solution Delivery Manager will adjust over time with strategic transformation of IT organizational function, size, geographic reach, or structure.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Arrange/direct departmental activities/schedules and provide technical expertise throughout the project methodology and problem resolution.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and recommend managed services to reduce cost of IT and/or business operations. Launch approved managed services in collaboration and partnership with IT leadership team.
- Manage and coordinate with on-shore/off-shore managed captive/service models and/or short-term contracting services to support IT and business needs 24/7.
- Drive a focused culture through performance targets, one-on-ones, a clear engagement strategy, and regular performance review, ensuring optimal individual for each role, based on their skills and competencies. Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in technology for long term strategic solutions and to inspire the team to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Establish internal/external policies, standards, processes, and templates for working with internal IT teams and vendors, and create vendor contracts, performance, relationship, and risk management procedures
- Identify and execute value opportunities with the business and vendors supporting the business. Classify, rationalize, and optimize the solution and vendor portfolio. Ensure there are clear metrics across all key performance indicators to ensure strong performance management and provide oversight to vendor audits when required.
- Collect, consolidate, and communicate detailed reports to IT leadership regarding vendor performance, risks, and relationship on a consist basis to foster analytics-driven decisions. Manage issues, risks and client expectations and escalate as needed.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN ALL ROLES: instills trust, communicates effectively, action oriented, accepts accountability, and collaborates with others.
Tech savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Cultivates innovation -- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Programming preferred.
- 5+ years' relevant work experience leading and influencing a team.
- Experience with launching and managing on-shore/off-shore managed captive/service models for custom development, solutions support, software as a service, and solution as a service of large scale involving domestic/international travel required.
- Experience in one or more software development lifecycle methodologies required: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following IT/Business solutions/tools required: Infor M3, Oracle JDE, on-premise/SaaS/Custom, RPG, Node.JS, Java, ASP.Net, C#, Informatica, Infor ION, Cognos, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in many of the following business processes required: process manufacturing, sales and marketing, supply chain planning, inventory management, logistics optimization and distribution, procurement and plant maintenance, food safety and quality assurance, breeding and animal welfare, environmental resource management, finance, etc.
- Experience in the one or more of the following industries preferred: Food and Beverage, Livestock, Energy, etc.