Bradken is a leading global manufacturer of innovative, custom engineered products for the mining, transport, contract manufacturing and general industrial markets. It operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people worldwide.
An exciting opportunity exists for an IT Solutions Architect to join Bradken in our Kansas City, MO office. The Solutions Architect will work closely with the business units situated in the Americas to identify, design and develop improvements to the variety of business systems required to support company operations. The role will also provide day-to-day support for existing systems and will work closely with the Global IT team to promote efficiencies through the use of standardized solutions. This will include:
- Systems Projects Delivery
- Project Manage IT Deliverables on systems projects
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Design Specification and Delivery Estimates
- Solution Development and Implementation
- Engage with external suppliers and IT partners
- Level 2/3 Systems Support
- Assist in investigations and triage of system problems that cannot be resolved by level 1 support
- Manage legacy and new business systems unique to the American locations
- Create reporting and IT integration solutions to address business needs.
- Business Partnering
- Meet regularly with business leaders at nominated sites/divisions to discuss future requirements.
- Assist business users to find the right people in IT to assist with requirements and ensure needs are appropriately prioritized and addressed in a timely manner.
- A Bachelors degree in IT Systems Design and Development or similar field is required.
- Strong understanding of solution testing methods is required.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Database development (MS SQL - essential, Progress - desirable) as is .net, C#, C++, visual basic is required.
- Experience with systems integration using XML, SOAP, APIs and other data exchange formats (experience with Jitterbit desirable but not essential)
- Data warehousing and Power BI experience is preferred.
- Experience working with suppliers, outsourced or contract developers and business stakeholders
- Experience with manufacturing planning systems and ERP systems is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential
- Able to work under self direction with minimal supervision
- Strong team work capability
- Strong problem solving capability
- Highly organized with good time management
- Ability to travel to sites as required
Bradken offers a competitive compensation package with great benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- Life and AD&D coverage provided by Bradken
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage provided by Bradken
- Paid Holidays, PTO, and Vacation
- 401(k) with a company match of 50% on the first 6% of contributions
- Employee Training and Education Reimbursement opportunities