Following the recent close of the DuPont transaction, FMC is a significantly larger crop protection company with a broader manufacturing footprint, a more complex supply chain, and a greater need to track, report and analyze business performance in a timely, accurate manner. Beginning in 2018, we will launch an initiative to modernize our business processes and systems, which will include investment in a new SAP suite that will support all core business processes.
We have been operating with an SAP system that was installed in the late-1990s, and more recently we added a second SAP system from legacy Cheminova. The DuPont acquisition presents us with a timely opportunity to modernize and consolidate multiple, inefficient IT systems into a single SAP platform that follows chemical industry best practices and can scale to support our company’s future growth.
This is an important project for FMC, requiring a dedicated team of employees and outside consultants who will work together to modernize every facet of our business processes, including Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory & Compliance, Procurement, Enterprise Master Data, Reporting & Analytics, and other areas.
The IT Solutions Lead, Procure-To-Pay has a broad and deep understanding of his/her process area and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of standard and Chemical Industry best practices globacl processes enabled by SAP S/4 HANA and SAP IBP. The implementation scope will focus on the FMC Ag Solutions business, including heritage FMC, legacy Cheminova and the heritage DuPont acquired Crop Protection business.
As a member of the core Program Integration Team, the IT Solutions Lead, Procure To Pay will work closely with other functions, the Procurement Business Process Lead, and the program implementation partner on the technology enablement of the end to end process and systems integration in accordance with technology standards. As part of the program governance process, this position will be responsible for leading the Procurement Function Operating Committee to ensure alignment with the function as it relates to scope, technology design, systems integration, amongst other items. The overall Program Operating Committee will be led by the overall Program Leads.
This position is the technology owner of the global Procurement template and will partner with the FMC Global Procurement function and is responsible for the overall technology definition and design across the different sub-process areas of Procurement. He/she will actively participate in the initial phase of the program defining the strategic intent of the implementation, detailing the scope and project charter as well as building the team. He/she will work closely with the Procurement Business Process Lead with shared ownership to manage the scope and to ensure implementation of standard processes and technology. The IT Solutions Lead, Procure To Pay has an integral role in the delivery of the global business blueprint.
The IT Solutions Lead, Procure To Pay will work closely with the Procurement Center of Excellence on key process design decisions, and with the regional teams of skilled business resources to clearly define local and regulatory requirements, as well as to test all requirements, and support successful Go Live within each location. This position will also partner with the Business Transformation Lead and his/her team on the management of the business transformation including all components of change management (stakeholder engagement, communications, training).
This person can effectively partner with all levels of the organization, provide thought leadership, lead and influence others, drive results, and provide expertise and guidance to monitor and manage the effectiveness of data, technology and process outcomes.
· Align the business strategic intent with the SAP S/4 technology to determine how to best deploy the PTP solution
· Work closely with the Procurement Business Lead to translate the strategic intent into best practice design, accurate data and design, and reporting
· Work collaboratively with Process and Solution team to ensure project requirements are aligned with overall governance and integration requirements
· Work collaboratively with the Delivery teams to ensure requirements are developed, tested and deployed as designed
· Ensure cross-functional coordination for end-to-end requirements
· Raise areas of gap along with business case to deviate from standard functionality and best practice
· Drive functional decision making and issue resolution to ensure project timeline is met
· Responsible for creating and keeping updated the project charter and scope documents for the Procurement workstreams
· Manage workstream project plan
· Co-lead the business blueprint sessions
· Work closely with the Procurement Business Process lead, IT Transformation Lead, and IT Program Manager to identify the business change and its implications
· A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting or related academic discipline) with 7 to 10 years of relevant functional/technical experience in designing and implementing Procurement
· 8+ years experience designing and implementing SAP R/3 ECC Materials Management-Purchasing
· 8+ years experience designing and implementing SAP Ariba Procurement Solutions (SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing) interfaced to SAP R/3 ECC
· Thorough knowledge of integration points to SAP ECC master data, materials management, finance/accounts payables, and supply chain management
· Knowledge of SAP Procurement reporting and spend analysis using SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
· Experienced in requirements gathering, functional design, system configuration, QA test planning and execution, release management, user training, documentation preparation, and production support
· Experienced in translating system processes into detailed business processes for clients at all levels of the organization, from Procurement leadership to buyers, approvers, and requestors
· Experienced working in large global implementations that involve several geographies to define the global process and templates that can be deployed to several regions
· Chemical industry experience is strongly preferred
· Practical knowledge of Procurement current best practices
· Experience with SAP S/4 HANA desired
· Experience integrating SAP S/4 HANA and Ariba for Direct and Indirect Procurement (Procure to Pay) functionality desired
· Drive for Results/Action Oriented
· Organizing/Planning/Priority Setting/Time Management
· Understanding Others/Interpersonal Savvy
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Problem Solving
· Decision Quality
· Functional / Technical Skills
· Strategic Agility
· Process Management