Responsible for engineering and designing IT technical solutions to support the decommissioning and/or divestiture of power generation and nuclear power plants. The role requires thought leadership to determine the most effective and efficient methods to decommission or transition Entergy's technology platforms which include a broad range of IT products and services including software applications, infrastructure (WAN, LAN, and Wireless), real time computing systems (plant process computer and security computer), telecommunications systems (including private branch exchanges and other telephone equipment), laptop and desktop PC. This role requires the ability to engineer and solve complex technical issues working with multiple levels of management according to strict deadlines and budgets.
Develop and implement technical solutions to support the decommissioning or divestiture of Entergy nuclear and power generation facilities. Duties include logically removing, transferring or retiring infrastructure, networks, software applications and databases, communication systems, real time systems and other IT equipment located at the facility. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Engineer and design IT technical solutions to support the decommissioning and/or divestiture of power generation and nuclear power plants in all areas of IT including software applications, networking, real time computing and telecommunications.
- Ability to communication complex technical ideas and solutions to business users and senior management.
- Ensure the software development life cycle is documented following the Project Management Office standards
- Maintain awareness of future emerging trends, innovative technologies, best practices, and regulations, in both the Energy and IT industries. Drive technology change / transformation consistent with both the business and IT strategies.
- Work with Business Analyst, Program/Project Manager(s), and Quality Assurance teams to review test strategies and the requirements traceability matrix. Ensure business and functional requirements are maintained throughout the development/configuration process. Review and analyze user acceptance testing results.
- Support IT management in identifying opportunities for emerging technologies to enable business strategies. Provide an advisory role with the client on the impact of new technologies on their existing technical and information system environment.
- Select the most appropriate technology solution for the problem and challenges that occur when decommissioning and/or divestiture of nuclear facilities.
- Ensure the business solutions are aligned with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
Minimum experience required of the position
4 years of experience working with technology and how it supports the business.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Entry-level understanding of Energy industry application solutions. Entry-level experience in developing customer-centric solutions. Working knowledge in most areas of technology (infrastructure, commercial applications, software development, end-user platforms, IT operations). Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization. Good interpersonal communications skills. Excellent writing and presentation skills. Knowledgable of architecture concepts and the ability to integrate business needs and technology capabilities.
Req ID: 74688