IT Solution Architect jobs at Kimberly Clark
Information Technology jobs at Kimberly Clark
Locations: Neenah, WI, Roswell, GA, Knoxville, TN, Dallas, TX
The Solution Architect is responsible for integrating business, information, and technology architecture to create service architecture for each business service (Sales and Trade). The role collaborates with Service Management Leads, Business Analysts and Enterprise Architects to understand the implications on solution architecture. Solution Architects will develop and execute strategic roadmaps for applications in partnership with Enterprise Architects.
This role is viewed as an expert in complex application environments, encompassing both business process understanding and technical expertise. Leads in developing innovative, technical solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems. Has strong knowledge in business and technical functions that are touch points with their area of expertise. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for other team members. Is knowledgeable in industry best practices in their area of expertise and uses resources outside of KC to deliver solutions.
- Provide solution architect leadership and strategy development for current and future initiatives.
- Leadership qualities use to drive the technical design and implementation, coaching developers and ensuring high quality of code by applying a continuous improvement mindset.
- Review developers code in some cases, providing sign-off through Code Review process
- Lead Technical Solution architect for medium to large complex projects, including detailed configuration.
- Accountabilities span across multiple functional and technical areas with wide range of complexity.
- Accountable for leading the overall design, including the detailed configuration that considers how to structure a segment solution based on requirements from the business, global and regional views, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Delivers solution delivery blueprints including but not limited to application diagrams, physical architecture, process diagrams, systems maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces, data modelling, integration planning.
- Translates non-functional and functional requirement into solution designs, ensuring solution aligns with business goals and processes, uses and provides enterprise information consistently, integrates effectively with other applications, supports a common application environment and user interaction model, uses the common technology platform, and achieves enterprise level security, quality of service and scale.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture to make sure that the solution fits within enterprise context, while also ensures solutions align with business goals and processes, and follow Kimberly-Clark IT Standards and Best Practices.
- Participates in Community of Practice forum with other Solution Architects at Kimberly-Clark.
- Coordinates complex solution architecture implementations while leading design variances based upon business needs. Ensures artefacts are documented in enterprise architecture repository.
- Coordinates engagements with internal and external parties as they relate to evaluation, design and delivery of business capabilities.
- Contributes to the evaluation and selection of software product standards.
- Proactively participates in industry representation, policy formation, User Groups, and strategic direction and implementing industry best practices.
- Provides coaching and leadership to system software developers through enhancements and projects.
- Works well with varying levels of Business and IT Professionals.
- Able to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner to Business team (written and verbal).
- Able to understand business requirements to turn into technical specification solutions.
- Stay abreast of latest technologies in his/her functional space, consistently growing in knowledge and industry trends.
- Will report directly to Global Sales and Trade Manager and will support all aspects of the Sales and Trade cycle for Kimberly-Clark in SAP and Non-SAP technologies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 7-10 years IT professional work experience.
- Candidate will be regarded as SME and should have high level of Sales and Trade expertise, with at least 7 years of recent delivery and/or development for complex initiatives.
- Trade Promotion Management or similar Sales Planning and Execution delivery experiencerequired.
- Digital and user-experience (UX) delivery experiencerequired.
- Strong developer skills with complex troubleshootingexperience.
- SAP Order-to-Cash integration expertise a plus (SD).
- Exhibits leadership qualities, able to work with all levels of business and IT leadership
- Expert in communicating technical information in a business-friendly manner, with key business stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring junior resources, helping them grow in technical knowledge.
- Experience in software engineering, software development, solution architecture and able to develop a High-Level Design (HLD) and ideally with ability to deliver Low Level Designs within area of expertise.
- Strong Experience in highly integrated complex data environments e.g. TPM, API, SFA, Salesforce, DMS, EDI, BI, ETL, S4/HANA, etc., and open to working in a multitude of SAP and Non-SAP applications and technologies.
- Agile and Product Team experience a plus.
- Candidate should possess high level of consultative skills and have prior experience of collaborating withBusiness Analysts and Enterprise Architects in solving complex business problems with innovative technical solutions.
- Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges.
- Self-motivated and self-starting on work. Drives work of others.
- Strong Technical leadership of Application Development teams and vendors.
- Experience collaborating withEnterprise Architects and infrastructure engineers to identify, design, and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions which meet business needs.
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies.
- Excellent collaboration skills and can quickly cultivate networking opportunities within the organisation at varying levels of Business and IT Professionals.
- Broad range of business and IT experiences; Has achieved technical and/or business certification(s).
- Ability to work in a virtual team across distance (remote) cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, with on-shore and off-shore resources, and may extend outside the K-C organisation including suppliers, partners and customers.