Assurant is seeking an IT Solution Architect to join our Enterprise Architectural team. The purpose of the Solution Architecture (SA) function is to provide leadership and technical guidance in the design and implementation of technology solutions to gain competitive advantage in support of business needs and strategy. The Architect translates business requirements into implemental technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible. The SA provides leadership to ensure successful implementation working iteratively with the team to bring about successful and timely delivery.
Areas of Accountability and Responsibility:
- Solution Design (30%): The SA interacts with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts in order to map business requirements into technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
- Solution Communication and Documentation (20%): The SA provides clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively.
- Technology Leadership (30%): The SA ensures that designed Solutions are successfully implemented by participating in all phases of the SDLC while working iteratively to ensure that systems are successfully evolved and delivered as maintainable finished solutions.
- Technology Research (10%): The SA conducts research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives in the context of assigned work efforts.
- Architecture Evolution (10%): The SA reviews the current technology architecture landscape and seeks ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments. In the context of specific project efforts the SA works with line management in establishing technical directions and strategies that ensure cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of intermediate to senior level experience in multiple information technology disciplines such as Host/Server technology, communications (voice/data), PCs, mobile devices, virtualization, databases, applications, middleware, web technologies, data security and operating systems. Broad experience in different technology stacks such as Microsoft ( .NET ) or Java / J2EE.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; Problem solving; Creative thinking, developing and acting on ideas
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in order to communicate to peers, management, and business unit staff
- Knowledge of IT systems technology developments and trends
- Broad knowledge in technology products
- Experience with common system integration and services frameworks such as SOA
- Experience participating in a diverse team setting
- Ability to act in a leadership role supporting teams of skilled resources
- Extensive knowledge of IT development best practices and processes