- You're a problem solver, you think on your feet and welcome the opportunity to help your team deliver quality applications every time.
- You can be flexible, you can work from a plan but when unexpected needs arise, you can switch gears and rise to a challenge.
- You're a hard worker, willing to dig in and put your team mates first to ensure your combined success.
- You're dedicated to helping foster a collaborative team approach to development solutions. You can be open to adopting a teammate's solution over your own and you can advocate for your own ideas too.
- You welcome the chance to share the knowledge you have accumulated over your career with the more junior members of your team, helping to elevate your team's abilities is a priority for you.
- You love to research and concept the use of new technologies to drive efficiencies and improve our systems, while you recognize the need to balance technology advancement with our business needs.
- You embrace an agile approach to development, providing iterative steps and options towards long term application delivery.
This position requires work in support of the Company's contract with the United States Department of Education ("ED"). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
- Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
- Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
- Adhere to Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
- Provide post implementation support including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
- Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged provide business solutions.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Minimum 6 years of experience in software development with strong skills in at least one key competency.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Full stack knowledge and competency, successful candidate will contribute on all tiers of enterprise applications.
- Strong relational database knowledge.
- Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
- Working knowledge of the network and/or server infrastructure required to host an application on our platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment. Experience with Agile strongly desired.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
- Microsoft .net frameworks (4.5.2 and higher)
- net, C#
- Microsoft IIS
- REST Web Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Angular 1.x or 2.x experience a strong preference
- Native application development for mobile devices a strong plus (Android iOS)
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.