Solutions Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe's is looking for Visionaries, Risktakers, Adventurers. Lowe’s is looking for someone that is driven by potential—A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multibillion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We’re looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you’re an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we’re looking for.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. The Software Engineer facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Collaborates with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications
Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science, CIS, or related field
5+ years experience in software development or a related field
3+ years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
4+ years experience in database technologies
Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
Strong CI/CD experience with Jenkins
Strong experience in Jenkins Pipeline Scripting
Experience in Build Tools: Ant and Maven
Strong experience in developing advanced Jenkins Jobs using Groovy DSL
Advanced knowledge and experience in Unix Shell Scripting
Advanced knowledge and experience in Source Control Tools: Git, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.
Experience in Automated Static Analysis tools such as SonarQubeExperience on working with an Artifact repository tools such as Nexus or Artifactory
Hands-on experience in Continous Deployment using Docker and Kubernetes
Hands-on experience in a modern scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Pearl
Hands-on experience in Continous Deployment to Azure Cloud using Azure CLI.
Job ID 1414502BR