IT Software Engineer 4
Employees must be able to perform the essential function of this position with or without an accommodation
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Act as the technical lead for highly complex projects related to the development of new systems, architecture, applications or technology capabilities in support of business goals.
- Oversee development and ensure conformance to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements.
- Act as the subject matter expert and consult with clients and IT in support of the company?s IT strategy and overarching business requirements.
- Collaborate with IT teams to identify technical deficits and improvement opportunities in current practices and procedures.
- Help create the team technology blueprint that meshes the larger PacifiCorp vision to the specific team's portfolio and skills.
- Coach other team members both in specific technical matters as well as development process and/or project management techniques.
- Apply industry standard techniques as appropriate such as automated unit testing, test-driven development, continuous integration, and iterative development for example.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or a related field; or the equivalent combination education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in business software application design, development, and/or installation.
- Experience in the industry or in an environment whose scope, size, and complexity are comparable.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Design, application architecture and methodologies.
- Project management skills and the ability to develop and monitor work agreements and budgets, as well as the ability to determine specifications, schedules, and deliverables.
- Consultative and business analysis aptitude including communication and interpersonal skills that enables understanding of client?s needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
- Strong understanding of structured analysis and technical design concepts.
- An expert in common industry architectural and software design patterns.
- Experience integrating large disconnected enterprise-class systems in a robust, fault-tolerant manner consistent with industry standards.
- Able to work in a zero-code-ownership environment where the team members can modify any source file at any time.
- An expert understanding of deployment topologies (i.e., ensuring secure, highly available systems).
? Languages - > 5years hands on Java/J2EE experience (we?re Java shop primarily)
? Standards and Frameworks ? Spring, JSF, AngularJS, HTML5, Hibernate, REST, SOAP, AJAX, JQuery, Bootstrap (> 3years)
? Application servers ? JBoss, Jetty, Tomcat (> 3years)
? Databases ? Oracle (PL/SQL) , DB2 (> 3years)
? Source control and automation tools ? SVN, Git, Maven, Nexus (> 3years)