Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is seeking to add an additional IT Software Developer to the Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) team in our Bio/Pharmaceutical Product Testing laboratory in Lancaster, PA.
ELN Software Developer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with users to understand their needs and gather requirements.
- Design and implement ELN templates for analytical testing.
- Perform all work within the guidelines of Eurofins software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Provide occasional ELN application support to users at Eurofins’ Lancaster, PA site.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience in writing and maintaining .NET applications – C# preferred.
- Experience in writing and maintaining Python applications – IronPython preferred.
- Experience writing database SQL queries – Oracle preferred.
- Experience with source code management systems such as Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with issue-tracking systems such as Jira.
- Familiarity with web services architecture and design.
- Background with an ELN system – direct experience with “Symyx Notebook” / “Accelrys ELN” / “Biovia Workbook” is preferred.
- Background with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Work experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Fluency in the English language.
- Intermediate understanding of computer hardware and networking components.
- Familiarity with GxP processes and how they relate to laboratory documentation and ELN use.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of experience with writing and maintaining .NET applications.
- Familiarity with all phases of SDLC.