IT Shipboard Engineer & Hardware Generalist
1. Exhibit subject matter expertise on the low level design of the product
2. Understand the product’s entire technology stack
3. Understanding relational database fundamentals and working knowledge of the product data model
4. Understand the interdependencies between the product and other products within the enterprise
5. Configuration and testing of the application
6. Supporting end users through UAT cycles, project assignments, help tickets, and work orders
7. Physical installation of the application and/or hardware in the vessels' production environments
8. End user support during stabilization & operational support
9. Support of production like development & test lab environments
10. Create and maintain relevant product documentation
BS Degree with excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Management of a product back log of defects and enhancements
2. Digesting requirements & user stories
3. Estimation of incoming technology requests and cost/benefit analysis
4. Context Definition and Solution Sketching
5. Maintaining a relationship and driving a schedule with product vendors
6. Execution and evolution of the product road map
7. Building test cases to evaluate nonfunctional requirements
8. Ensures there is accurate and current documentation of all existing and new products
9. 3rd Level Production Support
10. Stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product's competitive position.
Adept at learning new Relational database models
Proficiency with MS Excel, including VLookup and Pivot tables, Reporting (Crystal preferred) and other database tools (Toad\SQL Developer)
Proficiency in generating complex SQL queries and scripts. Primarily Oracle.
Demonstrate flexibility during times of change and ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
Adept at independently conducting research and understanding when escalation to a manager is appropriate and escalating in a timely manner.
Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies independently and with training.
Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Sensitivity to an environment which may collect and maintain data relevant to GDPR, PCI, PII regulations.
Preferred Skills & Technology Experience:
a. Application Software Delivery Life Cycle, Implementation, and Support: 5 years
b. Relational Databases & SQL: 5 years
c. Crystal Reports Writing: 1 years
2+ years experience working with Oracle Hospitality Cruise software,
2+ years working in Cruise industry or with cruise technologies
Valid through: 12/15/2020