The IT Services Manager is the primary point of contact responsible for ensuring that the Joint Service Provider (JSP) Enterprise Transport management (ETM) team adheres to Information Technology International Library (ITIL) Standards. The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Manager will be the process owner for all the ITIL processes and is responsible for the creation, performance, and reporting of these processes. The IT Services Manager will need to work across all functional areas within JSP ETM to ensure we have the most effective processes and tools. This position collaborates with IT associates who have responsibilities for Change management, and Asset Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- ITIL process ownership for:
- Incident Management
- Request Management
- Change Management
- Asset/CMDB Management
- Collaborate with the Change Management and Asset Management staff
- Establish metrics, benchmarks and promote a culture of Continual Service Improvement
- Manage service providers in a 24x7 support model, ensuring escalation processessupport best practice incident management
- Focuses on continuous improvement, working with cross-functional teams and provide direction
- Manage work assignments and monitor for compliance with department & organizational policies and procedures
- Communicate and manage existing service delivery problems, including customer complaints.
- Participate in compliance and audit activities related to services provided by JSP ETM
- Develops and or initiates activities to design and enhance the Service Request Catalog in alignment with ITIL best practice.
- Guide the development of new or changed Service Management processes
- Designs and delivers reporting of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as defined in the PWS, at regular intervals.
- Assists customers in identifying and documenting current and future service requirements.
- Ensure that all new or changed Service Management processes align with JSP ETM initiatives.
- Schedules and conducts regular service performance reviews and documents progress.
- Generating process improvements that bring about measurable improvement in quality and/or efficiency.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvement including the development and implementation of best practices and continuous improvement initiatives for business units.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business, or a Healthcare related field.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience as an ITIL Process Manager
- Process Improvement experience
- Certification: ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Required Security Clearance minimum level:Secret
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment shifting priorities.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter who can find and resolve issues pertaining to all of GDIT's offerings
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols to perform network status checks as part of normal surveillance activities.
- Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics
- Ability to provide both hands on solutions and supervision of projects
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.