The ITS Design Engineer (IDE) is a customer facing position responsible for the design and architecture of Ricoh Information Technology Services Based Solutions which may include managed IT Services, Managed Cloud Services, Managed Security Services, Enterprise Service Desk, Application Development and Professional Service Projects. The IDE is a vital link between the Sales Team and Operational Delivery Teams to ensure that Ricoh recommendations are correctly solutioned.
The IDE will be called on to participle in pre-sales and design activity. The IDE is responsible for understanding the client technical environmental and delivering highly effective solutions to meet those requirements. This individual provides expertise in the Ricoh ITS portfolio of service and solutions and, is responsible for a cost effective and correct design solution and the proper hand off to the Implementation team. The IDE masters a specific range of solutions / enablers determined by the Marketing Portfolio teams created based on market demand and company needs. The IDE is considered a subject matter expert in two or more ITS Service Disciplines
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs Information Technology Solutions to be utilized in client’s environments.
- Analyzes and documents customer technical requirements and designs solutions.
- Adheres to Ricoh’s Service Delivery Engagement Model throughout the opportunity lifecycle.
- Responsible for maximizing profitability on assigned solution projects.
- Works with customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Provides sales support with customized technical demonstrations, as needed.
- Acts as subject matter expert on two or more critical Services Ricoh portfolio elements.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Provides accurate estimates of labor required to implement solutions.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Delivery of Statements of Work to Sales team for ITS Services Solutions
- Participates in Solution Feasibility reviews to present technical validation of solution design.
- From time to time will be required to participate in Customer Proof of Concept and install solutions in customer environments
- Utilize sophisticated diagnostic tools in the assessment of client environments prior to solution implementation.
- Interface with customer information technology organizations to understand current technology environment.
- Partners with the Service Delivery Implementation team to understand design impact on project implementation and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Description Continued
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Required 6-8 years direct experience as sales engineer or design presales role.
- Experienced in performing and/or scoping IT projects & services, advanced computing (including virtualization, public cloud migration and design and Security), datacenter and cloud services.
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced level of knowledge in two or more of the following areas: Virtualization, Security, IAAS, PAAS, Application Development, Web Services, Managed IT Services, Service Support Desks, and Information Governance and Compliance.
- Proven capability solutioning, estimating and implementing in mid to large complex solutions.
- Highly proficient with PPT, Excel, Visio, Power BI and related analytical tools (SQL)
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels.
- Willingness to travel.
- IT Certifications preferred (AWS certifications, CISSP, CISA, Microsoft certifications, Cisco, VMware, etc)
- This position requires 30% plus travel.