The IT Service Support Manager will champion the implementation, management and use of the ITaP Service Management Program, including Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management and Configuration Management. Lead change management functions across multiple platforms, reviewing and auditing changes for approval. Identify, communicate and mitigate risks to change readiness, acceptance and change management initiatives. Design, document, deploy and oversee the change management process for ITaP. Support organizational and operational policies, procedures, and goals to administer the functions of the ITIL Service Management Support and Delivery disciplines. Consult with divisional service management staff, other departments and vendors regarding problems, projects, initiatives, etc. Work with divisional units to improve existing operational processes. Provide mentoring to divisional service management personnel, process owners and process coordinators within ITaP. Manage and coordinate a change control program covering all production operations including policies, forms, procedures and tracking/auditing systems to govern the movement of new/upgraded services from the test to the production environment including analyzing documentation and reports for management regarding change control activities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of experience managing technology services, service management processes and/or business process design and continuous improvement efforts.
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) disciplines related to service support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to audiences of different levels and technological sophistication.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to grasp and implement solutions to complex challenges and strategies.
- General knowledge and understanding of the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework and IT service management.
- A broad knowledge of computing environments.
- Ability to operate on a strategic level and be politically savvy with a good knowledge of the key aspects of business.
- Ability to successfully organize and lead large complex projects.
- Ability to influence an organization.
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills
- Effective consulting, presentation, influencing, collaboration, and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, management or related fields.
- Experience in several aspects of information technology.
- ITIL Foundation Certification and ITIL Practitioner Certification in one or more Service Support disciplines.