Directs, manages, leads, and coordinates the integration of existing and/or new Information Technology solutions according to requirements of one or more functions, businesses, geographies, and/or IT transformational activities. Areas of responsibility may include business and technical systems design, acquisition and/or development, implementation, and support; infrastructure design, acquisition, implementation, operation, and maintenance; client services support. Establishes functional business plans and technical project/program objectives to meet the short- and long-term goals and metrics of the organization, including internal/external partners required to utilize alternative resourcing plans. Understands, articulates, and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple/all business and IT constituents; drives architectural standards and simplification. Ensures the design, development, delivery and supportability of services/solutions for businesses are in accordance with business and IT objectives.
- Manages activities of Individual Contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or Managers with accountability for a large multi- department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results, organizational strategy, and transformational activities. Often carries program management responsibilities with multiple projects.
- Applies mastery level subject matter knowledge and alternative resourcing plans to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues. May interpret policy or recommend policy exception.
- Understands, articulates, and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple IT constituents.
- Directs and controls activities for a pan-company business or IT area, typically consisting of multiple disciplines. Plans, directs, and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of staff as well as drives the strategic multi-year plan for the team. May influence or participate in the creation of the domain or sub-domain strategy.
- Drives architectural simplification and ensures capabilities and applications are done "once for the company".
- Ensures that systems and applications are highly available and meet or exceed performance expectations, and require little to no support.
- Understands, articulates, and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple/all business and IT constituents.
- Ensures team meets or enables achievement of relevant IT metrics and commitments per IT business goals and objectives.
- Provides technical as well as people leadership.
- Exerts influence horizontally and vertically in the organization; demonstrates business acumen and applies it for effective business engagement with internal customers and effective management of programs and initiatives.
- Drives change management beyond the immediate team and for the business unit; takes personal ownership of the IT strategy and drives support of it.
- Ensure contract execution according to specified processes, SOPs and SLAs.
- Provide oversight to outsourced partners to ensure enterprise standards are in place and service levels are being met consistently.
- Manage both knowledge transfer and metrics consistency across Service Desk and Desk Side Support.
- Work with vendors to manage the current executive level white glove service offering to ensure the executive team receives premier support for all corporate systems challenges.
- Assist in the coordination of disposal of decommissioned IT equipment, corporate property moves or refresh activities, as necessary.
- Assist the implementation and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures to ensure the internal control environment is maintained and provides supporting documentation to internal and external auditors regarding completion of control procedures.
- Assist in the evaluation and improvement the off-boarding procedures for corporate team members and contractors. This includes working with managed services vendors to implement these procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical bachelor's degree or equivalent; advanced degree may be preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT field with minimum 5 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in IT support operations.
- Global team management experience.