Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers’ industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we’re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we’re so glad!
How you will impact Ingevity
As a member of the Enterprise Applications team, you will take ownership of several applications supporting end-users across multiple business functions. You will be responsible for ServiceNow administration, serving as a document management specialist and coordinating interfaces with our HR system (Workday). You will need to develop expertise in these diverse areas in order to work with the businesses to understand their requirements, then coordinate implementation work with outsourced providers. You will serve the role of a business systems analyst in the functions mentioned.
- Responsible for best practices and IT solutions supporting Service Management, including ownership of the ServiceNow platform.
- Drive standards, design new/innovative solutions and ensure that an adequate support model and associated documentation/training materials are maintained in areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with other functional teams such as HR, technical, helpdesk, vendors, plant operations, and business process teams.
- Work with the businesses and our outsourced partners to administer the setup and workflow within ServiceNow. Evaluate the workload required for ServiceNow administration and determine how the administration should be handled. License management for ServiceNow.
- Manage 3rd party support for ServiceNow, Kronos and uPerform.
- Work with HR and Workday to understand the interfaces that are being built, including ServiceNow, LDAP, and Kronos so that you can work with other vendors if there are issues or changes to the interfaces.
What you need to succeed
- BA or BS degree in computer science, technology, information systems, business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing enterprise IT functional and/or technical support.
- Experience with ServiceNow (or similar IT Service Management tools – eg. Remedy).
- ITIL v3 Certification.
- Experience working with outsourced partners and other vendors.
- Excellent skills in written/oral communications including group facilitation, presentation, and communicating across entire spectrum of an organization.
- A good systems background and a willingness to learn and grow into the role are essential.
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of products.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, adhere to project schedules and meet deadlines.
- Experience training end-users in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Experience creating and maintaining end-user documentation and training guides.
- Experience with Kronos and/or Workday highly desirable.
- Knowledge of plant floor systems and processes, plus plant floor data collection technologies/solutions (eg. RF) highly desirable.
- Understanding of workflow capabilities in SAP is a plus.
Job ID 2017-1764