PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position will be responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 24x7 basis. Duties include operational management of the Managed Knoll IT Service Desk, ensuring that a customer centric, people focused service is delivered, whilst looking for ways to further enhance the IT service with new and innovative ideas.
MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVES (MBO’S)
- Successfully manages a 3rd party Service Center that delivers a people first experience
- Actively manages 3rd party relationship to maximize the value of the service
- Effective and proactive communication of IT service interruptions and continual improvements to ensure all associates are informed
- Identification of support issues and trends that can be resolved to improve user experience and reduce reactive support requests
- Development of existing Service desk tool to improve user interactions and knowledge transfers (developing the knowledge base)
- Maximize the investment on all IT assets to ensure the best use of tools, services, and equipment
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and deliver support and service solutions to be integrated with our Managed Service Center in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLAs/KPIs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented, and consistently applied
- Instill a high-performance culture in the team and Managed Services Partners with a focus on team work, service excellence, and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Encourage open communication between team members and Managed Service Partners, allowing them to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver a more effective service
- Set and cascade business objectives and targets to our Managed Service Partners
- Ensure teams are skilled, trained, and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
- Provide leadership and direction to the service management function ensuring appropriate and robust service management and review frameworks are in place
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriate to customer feedback on areas for improvement
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation both in and out of hours as required
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Tech Analyst. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Problem Solving: Ability to troubleshoot, identify the root cause of, and develop and implement effective solutions to problems.
Project Management: Ability to develop, communicate and implement project management plans. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Communication: Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to various levels within the organization.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Build Teams: Creates an environment that encourages teamwork, cooperation and collaboration.
Develop People: Encourages others to learn and take risks. Sees mistakes as learning and growth opportunities.
Interpersonal Communication: Is respectful when interacting with others. Shares information freely in all directions.
Problem-solving/Decision-making Works cooperatively within teams to solve problems. Works cooperatively across teams to solve problems.
Personal Development: Continually learning and growing. Seeks out and uses personal feedback.
Creativity/Innovation: Takes initiative. Encourages risk-taking in pursuit of continuous improvement.
Promotes Goals: Aligns goals with those of the team/department/company.
Guides Work: Continuously improves work processes. Helps others with tools, information and assistance to do their job.
Energy/Optimism/Motivation: Gets Results. Recognizes excellence in the efforts and work of others. Enjoys seeing others succeed.
Change / Flexibility: Embraces change. Communicates needs during periods of change.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 7 – 10 years of computing-related work experience.
Must have strong communications, analytical, logic, organizational and team skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.