ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology at SCE
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The IT Specialist/Engineer will be responsible for providing application services to meet SCE business needs in the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) portfolio. Provide oversight and strategic direction to the Manage Service Provider (MSP) to ensure efficient service delivery to T&D business users and to manage the day-to-day responsibilities to support and maintain applications in T&D. Follow up on application services and problem escalations. Ensure customer satisfaction throughout the application service process. Communicate and coordinate with business and other IT teams and leadership to ensure appropriate integration of operational activities.
- Partners withMSP to: Ensure application stability, data integrity, and policy adherence; monitor, measure, and improve application service delivery to meet business needs of T&D users; ensure that the quality and timeliness of resolution for application issues and operational activities are met within service level agreements and within business expectation; report on operational health to business and IT leadership; ensure satisfaction in the timely delivery of IT services to business; drive service improvements within IT Partners and effectively collaborates with the business and other operational towers within IT (like Infrastructure, Security, and Service Integration) to ensure operational efficiency.
- Integrates with the Delivery organization to ensure that projects are delivered with operational needs and efficiencies in mind.
- Collaborates with the Delivery organization to influence the strategy and decisions made during the project life cycle.
- Integrates with the Planning and Architecture teams for operational initiatives and roadmap development.
- Executes IT service management governance processes, policies, standards, and procedures for T&D portfolio to deliver high quality IT services and to improve execution effectiveness.
- Assists in reviewing and in approving technical delivery products from MSP to ensure they satisfy the ongoing business requirements, ITIL process standards, and related requirements.
- Participates in strategic budget planning to meet strategic goals and operational efficiency with emphasis on application stability and data integrity.
- Ensures budget is spent in an efficient manner with priorities that align with Company values and mission statement.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 9years of technical experience in application development & maintenance, Integration systems, databases, and job scheduling environment.
- Experience in service management and operational responsibility of multiple applications and database environments.
- Experience working in IT Operations in a managed services environment.
- Experience presenting and translating technical language to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) practices, processes and principles.
- Good understanding of Transmission & Distribution Applications such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD Map3D, ClickSchedule, SPIDA, SAP PO, their related Interfaces, and databases HANA, Oracle, SQL.
- Prior Transmission & Distributionexperience in electric utility industry.
- ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work at variouslocations throughout SCE service territory.