BASIC PURPOSE: The ITSM Manager is responsible for the deployment and evangelization of IT Service Management and its related processes: Incident management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, and Knowledge Management. The focus of the position is mainly on Process Owner activities but requires a deep understanding of all processes deployed.
- Establish, document and articulate IT and business requirements for a new service management tool implementation
- Develop a strategy and roadmap to implement an IT Service Management tool that documents integration points and enables a great user experience
- Own and manage the product backlog for a new IT Service Management tool implementation
- Manage, report, and communicate on the performance of key service management tool processes
- Develop configuration management process objectives and policies and implement configuration management tooling in a retail environment to manage software applications and configurations across hundreds of locations and tens of thousands of endpoints.
- Document and maintain relationship maps of all business services, applications, and related IT assets.
- Ensures that improvement initiatives identified in service reviews are acted on and progress reports are provided to key stakeholders
- Coordinate with different business units to define roadmap and process priorities for various ITIL processes
- Strategizes, implements, executes, and coordinates with leadership to develop strategies, roadmaps, and goals to integrate individual process with the broader ITSM strategy and assess against clear measures of success
- Leverage industry-leading standards, practices, and frameworks to determine how ITSM processes will be designed and/or improved
- Negotiate levels of service to be delivered with the customer (either internal or external) and formally document these levels of service in SLAs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- ITILv3 Foundation
- ITIL Intermediate certificate in Release, Control and Validation (RCV) or Service Transition (ST) or Operational Supports and Analysis (OSA) is a strong asset
- A Project management certification is a plus
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Process Owner of a Service Management practice
- 2 years of project management experience (PMP a plus)
- Experience working across organizational boundaries
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Expertise in service management platforms, preferably Service Now, or other comparable cloud-based enterprise products
- Deep understanding of ITIL approach, principles, and processes
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Experience managing a team
- Broad understanding of IT technologies and business considerations
- Typical Physical Demands:
- On-call availability as needed.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand, and power tools, and to handle other computer components.