The IT Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating the team providing first-level support to end-users experiencing issues with IT hardware, software, applications, and services. The position entails managing and mentoring Service Desk Technicians, ensuring compliance with service level agreements (SLAs), and delivering efficient, quality customer service. This position requires a high level of technical proficiency, strong leadership skills, and a customer-centric mindset.
What you will do:
- Team Leadership: ** Lead, manage, and mentor a team of IT Service Desk Technicians to ensure a high level of service is maintained. Create and foster an environment of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and continuous improvement.
- Service Delivery: ** Ensure the team meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLAs) for incident resolution and request fulfillment. Monitor team performance, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving initiatives to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge Management: ** Ensure the team effectively uses and contributes to the IT knowledge base. Encourage the documentation of solutions, procedures, and FAQs to facilitate knowledge sharing and improve the efficiency of incident resolution.
- Escalation Management: ** Act as the point of escalation for complex technical issues, working with other IT teams and vendors as necessary to resolve issues promptly.
- Service Improvement: ** Identify opportunities for service improvement and contribute to the development and implementation of IT service management (ITSM) strategies.
- Reporting: ** Regularly report on service desk performance, including metrics related to incident resolution, customer satisfaction, and SLA compliance.
- Review, assign, and prioritize incoming service requests and incidents.
- Monitor the performance of Service Desk Technicians, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance and customer service.
- Handle escalated service requests and incidents, collaborating with other IT teams as necessary.
- Review reports on service desk performance, identifying trends, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Meet with IT leadership to report on service desk performance and discuss service improvement initiatives.
- Review and contribute to IT knowledge base articles to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Assist with staffing needs, conduct performance appraisals, and engage in hiring and training activities as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT service desk or related role
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and customer service skills are critical for this role. It's also important to have a good understanding of IT service management, incident management, and request fulfillment processes.
- 5-7 years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of various software, hardware, networks, and operating systems is also essential. Familiarity with specific tools such as service desk software (ServiceNow, ConnectWise, etc.), remote desktop applications, and knowledge base systems.
- HDI Support Center Analyst or HDI Support Center Manager
- ITIL Foundations or Higher.