The IT Service Desk Manager will be responsible for delivering efficient, effective and responsive Information Technology Services to users. The IT Service Desk Manager will ensure service levels are met for phone support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Management & Leadership (25%)
- Staff, organize and manage staff in the Service Desk function including, selection of new staff, developing existing staff, developing succession plans, establishing performance standards and evaluating performance of staff and recommending performance management actions.
- Manage outsourced provider for overage/project related calls and night and weekend support.
- Ensure user inquiries and problems are handled by a representative who is responsible for coordinating delivery of IT services.
- Maintain relationships with IT customers, measuring client satisfaction and recommending appropriate steps to enhance IT customer satisfaction.
- Maintain relationships with IT Leadership outside of the Service Desk.
- Monitor and provide weekly SLA metrics to Leadership team.
- Properly manage existing resources resulting in high levels of both quality and productivity, thereby ensuring user satisfaction.
- Ensure full compliance of all managed staff to existing standards, methodologies and managing the development of necessary standards and methodologies where none exist.
- Provide Service desk support on a 24 hour 7 days a week basis.
Service Desk (50%)
- Take calls/tickets during high volume periods. Manage incidents in the Service Desk system.
- Queue Management. Ensure incidents are routed to the appropriate support team.
- Evaluate tickets forTrending. Draft Knowledge Base Articles personally or work with engineering leaders for repeat issues.
- Compile comprehensive and accurate reporting of all resource usage, including project tracking, incident tracking and resolution, status, and management.
- Provide users with (IT) services through a service desk function.
- Develop and maintain incident resolution database and work constantly to improve the incident resolution process.
- Communicate to users any changes impacting their equipment and software.
- Establish and maintain an information resource library to include software, systems documentation, periodicals, and report management systems.
- Assist Service Desk staff with more difficult incidents, referring incidents to the appropriate support team.
- Manage Knowledge Management process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Situation Management (25%)
- Serve as Situation Manager during daytime shift.
- Enable service desk 24x7 staff to handle additional situation management roles.
- Provide communications to impacted parties during major incidents.
- Serve as moderator for any conference calls needed during the major incident that are aimed at actions toward workarounds or a resolution.
- Update ServiceNow notification regarding major incidents.
- Send communications (hourly updates) to IT Notification group.
- Work with Business Partners to communicate regularly to internal and external customers impacted by major incidents.
- Single point of contact for questions regarding major incidents (so as not to distract the Technical Lead or those working to resolve the outage).
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services objectives or related degree
- Minimum 6 years of information services experience
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience
- Previous supervisory experience leading customer service groups desired
- In lieu of degree equivalent experience is required
- Knowledge of ITIL framework is required. ITIL Certification is desired.
- Must have the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Must have previously demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Past experience with outsourced vendors desired.
- Knowledgeable with software tools used to assist in the tracking of user requests, change control and project status reporting.
- Knowledgeable in new and existing technologies relevant to the Company’s business information requirements on various hardware and software platforms.
- Familiarity with vendor’s software licensing requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional Suite and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Expert level knowledge of general business operations.
- Good conflict management and negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to meet deadlines within timely deadline constraints. Proficiency with problem determination methodologies.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Job # US10229