Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The IT Service Desk Manager will direct the daily operations of the IT support desk both onshore and offshore. Responsible for managing performance of internal service desk analysts and overseeing vendor service desk deliverables and ensure all service levels are achieved. Establishes project schedules with user management and ensures adherence to deadlines. Works with team members to develop and execute project work-plans. Provides technical guidance to staff and coordinates end-user training. Works with the Division Vice President of IT to provide leadership and direction to the support desk functionality and vendor relationships. Works under minimal direction.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Develops and executes/manages/leads project work-plans and budgets and arranges for necessary project resources. Assigns work, monitors progress, resolves problems and monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budgetary constraints.
- Act as a further escalation point for team leads, vendor team leads and Sr. Leaders for requests and incidents.
- Provides leadership for incidents which involve outages. Manages communications and coordinates with appropriate team members (vendor or internal) to validate and test resolutions.
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident management process and recommends improvements.
- Reports all SLA and KPI metrics to Vendor and internal management at agreed upon intervals.
- Validates all SLA goals are satisfied and that communication is provided of any changes in trends (positively or negatively)
- Ensures effective communication between staff and end users to ensure mutual understanding and agreement on project requirements. Contacts user management to resolve problems as required.
- Ensures compliance with all GHS I/S standards and procedures, and makes recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of new technological developments and industry trends. Provides technical guidance/ advice to department staff.
- Provides periodic formal and informal status reports to Director and Senior Management. Makes formal presentations as required.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role, such as completing or providing input to staff performance evaluations.
- Adheres to and participates in Company's mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems.
- 8 years Information Services experience.
- Minimum 2 years managing an offshore service desk outsourcing provider.
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems analysis/design and project management experience required.
- Experience with ServiceNow is required.
- ITIL Certification is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills also required.