Are you a driven IT/ Help Desk Manager who enjoys leading and growing an organizations IT Department? Our client, located in the Milford, IN area is a recognized leader in their industry and due to recent growth is looking to add a Service Desk Manager to their team.
Top Reasons to Work at our Client:
- Recognized leader and innovator in their space.
- Newly created position within the organization where you carve your own niche?.
- Ability to influence IT direction of the organization as it pertains to the Service Desk.
- Excellent compensation and benefits
What You Will Be Doing?
- Analyzing and monitoring all Service Desk workload to ensure that work is triaged, prioritized, and that information is free-flowing throughout the department.
- Architecting and implementing new Service Desk process, Service Desk related systems, and maturing the Service Desk team.
- Performing analysis on existing Service Desk systems and processes to ensure that industry best practices are implemented and Service Levels are being met.
- Managing and coordinating urgent and complicated support issues, escalating to members of the IT/IS leadership team when needed.
- Counseling and motivating Service Desk associates in the execution of processes and best practices for completing Service Desk workload. As needed, the SDS will need to assist in day to day administration of Tier 1 and Tier 2 business applications to provide backup support during heavy workloads.
- Managing associate expectations, with the goal of meeting or exceeding those expectations.
- Partner with department leadership to develop and maintain the Service Desk as the single source of truth and service delivery channel for the department.
- Advising and assisting the Director of IT in identifying and prioritizing Service Desk initiatives, and fully implementing selected initiatives.
What You Need For This Position?
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. 2-4years of IT management experience, preferably within service desk or incident management roles
- Experience administrating Incident Management software for managing support requests (Zendesk, ServiceNow, BMC, etc.). Familiar with ITIL concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of common networking concepts, technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, etc.).
- Familiar with on premise server architecture/practices (virtualization, clustering, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of endpoint related technology including network connectivity, software installation, maintenance, configuration of hardware, and industry standard operating systems and software applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures (SOP?s) and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.