Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
This post holder will report into and be a key member of the North America IT program management team. The post holder will lead IT assigned activities, ensure program deliverables are met and the program is operationally sound while achieving KPI performance. Utilizes company/industry project management methodologies and tools throughout program lifecycle. This position works directly with the Cubic customer under limited supervision and direction in a fast-paced demanding environment. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretion and substantial decision-making authority while leading remote team members and driving overall team performance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that programs meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments, while providing technical coordination and leadership for staff.
- Coordinate and lead customer facing meetings related to the program. Collaborates within the Program, Engineering, Quality and IT teams to develop and implement program management and ITIL methodologies, processes, tools and mentoring to the organization.
- Ensures that the goals and objectives of the program are understood and agreed with the program sponsor and drive overall performance of IT team.
- Manages program expectations, scope, risk and changes.
- Provides leadership surrounding issue identification and resolution. Acts as point of contact for escalation of program issues and resolves program conflict.
- Works directly with Architects, System Analysts and QA team to manage the technical aspects of a development project
- Coach and lead cross-functional project teams made up of internal and vendor IT resources
- Continually assesses program resource requirements and reassigns based on revised project schedules.
- Prepares and distributes weekly and monthly reporting, tracking team and program metrics.
- Uses formal program methodology to meet quality, schedule, scope and budget commitments including ensuring raised incidents are managed timely
- Leads the formal change management processes to manage changes to scope, cost, schedule and to ensure alignment in expectations.
- Tracks and drives resolution on open questions, issues and risks as well as develop risk mitigation plans.
- Creates detailed schedules and work plans to ensure all required project deliverables are tracked with dependencies and resource assignments clearly identified.
- Tracks progress of deliverables to completion and ensure resources are managed to task plans.
- Accountable for continuous monitoring of program health and adjusting resource allocations and task plans to ensure the success of the program and its team members.
- Resource management of team including prioritizing tasks and deadlines appropriately
- Builds a positive, collaborative working environment that instills respect, trust, quality and success as its core goals.
- Raises risks and issues to leadership on a timely basis and work with appropriate parties to create mitigation plans.
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements: (Skills knowledge and experience):
Essential Job Requirements:
- Experience managing IT programs and leading teams of IT staff without direct authority.
- Solid technical understanding of IT infrastructure, hardware, networks, application and security.
- Advanced understanding and experience using common project management scheduling tools.
- Ability to manage multiple programs with proven experience in successfully managing and implementing multiple initiatives on behalf of business partners.
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people at all levels across the company as well as external partners.
- Able to understand and communicate complex technical systems and concepts.
- Proven effectiveness managing project resources and prioritizing task conflicts.
- Meeting facilitation skills and leadership experience.
- Degree in Business Administration, IT or related field
- Excellent organization skills , structured with excellent time management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and make decisions with little guidance.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and ability to use initiative.
- Able to cope with continually changing demands and challenges
- Attention to detail
- Very strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working
- Seeks clarification by testing understanding
- Service oriented